Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomrifle7 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 27, 2016, 08:20 AM
    Is the a website that actually will provide a residential phone number at NO COST
    There are many websites that represent themselves to provide "free phone number lookup" but after going through the maze of screens on the site, one has to join a service for a fee. I just want a phone number. Is there any site that provides it at no cost?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 27, 2016, 09:20 AM
    For a private party? Not that I know of, thankfully.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 27, 2016, 03:36 PM
    Dial 411.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Aug 27, 2016, 04:05 PM
    Are you in the US? You may qualify for the so called Obama phone. It is a free of charge cell phone with limited usage. Anything outside the limit is extra.

Do you have cable service in your area? Most cable companies offer a home phone through the cable company for around $20 dollars us.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 27, 2016, 06:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cdad View Post
    Are you in the US? You may qualify for the so called Obama phone. It is a free of charge cell phone with limited usage. Anything outside the limit is extra.

Do you have cable service in your area? Most cable companies offer a home phone through the cable company for around $20 dollars us.
    . The OP is trying to find a phone number by using the Internet instead of a phone book. ;)
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Aug 27, 2016, 07:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    . The OP is trying to find a phone number by using the Internet instead of a phone book. ;)

Note to self:

Time to clean glasses. lol
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 27, 2016, 08:11 PM
    We don't get phone books any longer. A good way to find a number is at the library reference desk, using the Haines Criss+Cross Directory in either print form or on CD-ROM. If a number is unlisted or is a cellphone number, though, it probably won't be there.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need website that can provide me with vedio tutorials to learn Simply Accounting 20 [ 3 Answers ]

Can someone point me to a website that can provide me with vedio tutorials to learn Simply Accounting 2008 premium?

If I register for a business number in Canada and provide my social Insurance number. [ 1 Answers ]

If I register for a business number in Canada and provide my social Insurance number.. ... will my SIN always be "connected" with my business? In other words, as far as Canada REvenue is concerned are they 2 different entities? I want to apply for Bus # for a sole propriatorship

View more questions Search