Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JULIA2016 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 25, 2016, 11:38 AM
    Windows 7 updates nightmare
    Does anyone know what is going on with windows updates?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 25, 2016, 11:50 AM
    This is like asking 'does anyone know what is going on with the weather?'
    You need to be specific, sorry.
    A lot of us have moved on to Win 10.
    I would go to the Windows site to look at the comments from Win 7 users.
    JULIA2016 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 25, 2016, 12:05 PM
    Thanks for your response. As a Windows 10 user you have no idea of what I'm talking about. Don't want and don't need to move on to Win 10! Thank you for suggesting "to look at comments from Win 7 users". That is more than sufficient answer, the rest was totally unnecessary, sorry.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 25, 2016, 12:15 PM
    Julia,
    We are all volunteers here. We donate our time and expertise to help others. Your rudeness and comments were totally uncalled for. You asked a very vague question that is basically unanswerable. If you want to explain what problems you are having we can try to help you. But without more specifics we can't.

As an aside, Win 10 is great! While it is not perfect, and does require some getting used to, it works extremely well.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Aug 25, 2016, 01:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JULIA2016 View Post
    Does anyone know what is going on with windows updates?
    Not having a win7 machine anymore I can't say what is going on. I have heard that they were End Of Lifing Win7 after this July to Encourage people to upgrade toWin10. Maybe that is what you're seeing.

Have you looked at any window's technical forums?
    WallyHelps Posts: 1,018, Reputation: 136
    Ultra Member

Aug 26, 2016, 05:54 AM
    If the problem you are having is with extremely slow updating and high CPU/memory usage, take a look at this site: wu.krelay.de/en/

The author lists some specific updates you need to manually install, which then allows the normal update process to proceed normally.
    It might look a little intimidating, but if you carefully follow the steps it seems to help.

Hope it works for you,
    WallyH

P.S. Win7 is still supported until early 2020 with security updates
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Aug 27, 2016, 04:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by CravenMorhead View Post
    Not having a win7 machine anymore I can't say what is going on. I have heard that they were End Of Lifing Win7 after this July to Encourage people to upgrade toWin10. Maybe that is what you're seeing.

Have you looked at any window's technical forums?
    The EOL for win7 is actually 2020. They just want it to go smoother then the last EOL so they gave the free upgrade.

Also win8 and 8.1 was a disaster.

Most problems with Win7 updates can happen one of 2 ways.

1) you have an outdated update engine. (fix can be found at Microsoft thru MS Fix-It)

2) You haven't given the proper permissions to the update to allow them to install. (Try right clicking on update and choose run as admin to upgrade your privileges to allow it to install.)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Windows updates [ 3 Answers ]

Are the Windows updates necessary? Do they cause the computer to run slower? The updates are automatic, but I question if they're helping or hurting. Please advise.

Can't install Windows XP Updates [ 5 Answers ]

(sorry, the question title should be "CAN'T" install updates) I had to replace a dead motherboard. That went fine and WinXP seemed to reinstall without incident. (Yes, it is a valid, legal copy of Windows). I was able to validate the install and run the Microsoft Windows Installer 3.1 from...

Windows updates [ 1 Answers ]

I just did a windows repair on my computer. Now it won't let me do any updates. It says there are 80 updates, but it fails to let me get them.

Windows Updates for XP [ 2 Answers ]

How are you able to get a complete printout of your Windows Updates Installation History? All I can seem to get is only one page of history which doesn't show them all. Thanks, John

View more questions Search