Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Netty36 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 25, 2016, 04:50 AM
    Loan agreements between departments
    Hi... New to the site so be gentle.
    I currently work for the civil service and was on a two year loan to another govt department.. The terms of the loan are that in October I return to my home department. I have since found out that while I was away my dept ran two voluntary exit schemes. My question is should I have been notified of this by HR?
    Thanks for your help and advice
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 25, 2016, 05:43 AM
    What is an "exit scheme". I'm guessing it means some sort of early retirement or buyout. If so, this would be an issue of departmental policy. Its possible that because you were no longer considered employed by that dept, you fell through the cracks. Its also possible, because you were on loan, you weren't eligible. The only ones who can tell you for sure is HR since it is a matter of policy, not a given.

The real question here is what can you do about it? If you want to take advantage of the exit scheme, you need to sit down with HR and discuss it. See whether you still can or not.

Aug 25, 2016, 07:45 AM
    Thank you for the response, my original organisation was always referred to in the loan agreement as the Home organisation, so my employment is with them I am just loaned to the other govt department who pays my salary for the agreed period until I return.
    The exit scheme I referred to was Voluntary exit schemes that the dept ran to reduce headcount.

Aug 25, 2016, 08:20 AM
    Like I said, this is a matter of internal policy. So we really can't tell you whether they should have informed you and you fell through the cracks or you weren't eligible due to the loan. Your HR dept has to answer that.

Aug 25, 2016, 08:30 AM
    Thanks for your help, I am investigating with HR, there is a specific point in the contract I signed that states "Redundancy and Voluntary Exit - If the possibility of a voluntary exit, voluntary redundancy or compulsary redundancy arises during the loan within the home department, the home department will bear the cost of this".

Given two exit schemes have been ran since I was on loan surely this clause states I should have been at least contacted?
    Thanks again x

Aug 25, 2016, 08:43 AM
    OK, that is new info. But what that says is that your home department pays the cost. It doesn't say that you have to be notified. It would also appear to refer to the loan job, not the home job. At least that's how it could be interpreted. So I don't think you can hang your hat on that clause meaning that you had to be notified. I would, however, bring it up to HR.

But you haven't answered my original question, what do you want to do about it? If you have no plan to take advantage of exit, then it's a moot point.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Reo departments [ 2 Answers ]

How do I get my foot in the door at real estate owned dept at banks?

How many police departments have consolidated in NJ since 2007? [ 0 Answers ]

In 2007, the State of New Jersey enacted the Uniform Shared Services and Consoldation Act, Chapter 63, P.L.2007. Since this law was enacted, how many police departments in the State of New Jersey have consolidated?

For finding info about The Departments of Transportation?t [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: What are the subdivisions of the department of transportation?? What are the interaction between different departments??

View more questions Search