Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mari2356 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 24, 2016, 10:59 PM
    Can I get pregnant if?
    OK so I had sex without protection on the 23 and I need to get my period by the end of this month so if I don't get my period does that mean that I am pregnant? Or what?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 25, 2016, 01:42 AM
    Do youu not understand what your period is? Yes not getting a period is an indication of pregnancy.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Aug 25, 2016, 05:55 AM
    If you need to ask a question like this,you need serious sex education. Unprotected sex = babies.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 25, 2016, 06:53 AM
    Yes you could be pregnant having unprotected sex, but unfortunately you won't know for sure until you have missed your period, and have properly tested at the appropriate times, and manner.

I know waiting is the hard part.
    catonsville Posts: 894, Reputation: 91

Aug 25, 2016, 06:57 AM
    Per chance, did you skip Sex Education Class in School? It is only two days ago, so you will find out shortly.
    Precious7 Posts: 333, Reputation: 61

Aug 25, 2016, 09:37 AM
    Yes. That's what it would mean.
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Aug 25, 2016, 02:49 PM
    If you have unprotected sex, it could result in pregnancy. It is more likely if you have unprotected sex around the time that you are ovulating. When exactly in your cycle you ovulate varies by person, and sometimes by month for the same person. It is not something we could tell you.

If you expect your period and do not get one and have had unprotected sex, it is possible that you are pregnant. If you have sex WITH birth control, it is still possible. This is because birth control sometimes fails. However, missing your period does not guarantee for sure that you are pregnant. There are a lot of reasons a period can be late or missed. And some people get some bleeding when the egg implants in the uterus, so may think they had a period but actually had implantation bleeding.

So, this is what you do. If you miss a period, wait for two weeks after the date when you thought you would have it. You said you expected it by the end of the month, so that means wait until the middle of the next month. Then, buy a pregnancy test and take it first thing in the morning. The reason that you have to do it this way is that you are testing for a pregnancy hormone in your urine. That hormone will not be present at all if you are not pregnant, and not high enough to show up on a test until two weeks after your missed period. The reason you take the test in the morning is that the morning is when, if you are pregnant, the hormone will be most concentrated in your urine. If you get a positive test result, then you should go to the doctor and have them also test you because you are probably pregnant. If the test is negative, it does not necessarily mean you are for sure not pregnant. Wait another week and see if you get your period. If you still don't, do another pregnancy test. If a month passes and you don't get a period, go to the doctor because something else could be going on that needs treatment.

You should not, incidentally, be having sex at all until you learn better how your body works. It's one of those things where you shouldn't use it until you read the instruction manual.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1 Positive pregnant Test, 3 negative pregnant Tests, and 2 weeks late [ 13 Answers ]

I took a HPT the day after my missed period and it was positive. It was a digital first response. The next week I took 3 more tests and all were negative. I still have symptoms and I am now 2 weeks late on my period. I have a doctor's visit scheduled for the day that I would be 4 weeks late. ...

4th pregnant chance with previous history of blood clot during pregnant? [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to know if it is safe to have a 4th pregnancy with a history of blood clot in my 2nd pregnancy at 30 week? Should I see a gyne?

3 faint positive pregnant.test 2 negative -am I pregnant [ 6 Answers ]

I have taken 5 pregnancy test 3 (were pos.)of which are the same brand and the other two are the same. I had actually thrown the positive ones in the trash before they turned positive. They are faint lines but noticeable. I had one day of brown discharge the day before I expected my period which...

I got my period this month, but I'm feeling pregnant. Ive been pregnant twice. [ 0 Answers ]

I been feeling sick for a week. I got my period 2 weeks early. I been tired, cranky, irritated, fustrated, and uncomfortable. I been pregnant 2x. I threw up today. And I been having hot flashes and a few cramps. As well as craving ice (a first) considering I hate cold things on my teeth. I took a...

View more questions Search