Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    matheshpatel Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 24, 2016, 03:37 AM
    Mosquito net
    I am new to Chennai and how to sort out mosquito menace here! I called somecompanies andwhat you guys think about Phifer? Is it a good decision to go with Phifer mosquito nets ? Please let me know!
    Precious7 Posts: 333, Reputation: 61

Aug 24, 2016, 11:58 AM
    Yes, Phifer mosquitos nets are good ones. Mosquitos are real thing there, try to spray or use coil in the evening. And Keep your doors and windows close around evening when sun is setting because that's the time when mosquitos comes inside home when its lights are on. Then later when its night you can open it. Hope it helps.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Aug 24, 2016, 12:45 PM
    You are on an international site, mainly reaching the EU and NA. We don't use nets but in SA the zika virus is a downside of visiting, especially for pregnant women. In Ontario Canada where I live, mosquitoes have not been a problem this year. We use sprays. Sorry for not being able to help with the net issue but imagine any net to keep out bugs in your climate would be good.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Aug 24, 2016, 02:46 PM
    We bought a mosquito fog machine and a mosquito magnet. Does wonders to keep down the mosquito population in the summer, and we get many.

The fog machine we bough cost around $100CDN. Once you fog you need to stay away from the area for at least 30 minutes because you are spraying harmful chemicals. I much prefer the mosquito magnet which attracts the mosquitos and then kills them without compromising the use of your yard.

A net is a great idea, but I would also look into other options as well, like the fog and the magnet.
    Precious7 Posts: 333, Reputation: 61

Aug 25, 2016, 09:59 AM
    The OP is in south India, don't think so they have fog machine and mosquitos magnets available there. What is main there in Chennai is natural home remedies like 'Dhoop' smoke (not sure what they call it in English) which is not bad for health too, it is one of the liquid extracts from the bark of some kind of tree, which they dry it out and it becomes stiffens and they crush it and sprinkle it on the burning coal, so that aroma of it spreads out and repel the mosquitos and it does repel it, its an ancient traditional practice . And some mosquitos repellent Coils that you don't want to spend breathing on too much, and some sprays.
    Using net as a protection from mosquito is also a Common practice over there especially at home. I think that would be good choice if for you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mosquito bite [ 1 Answers ]

I have mosquito bites on my foot, arm and face that swell larger than normal and hurt. Besides the normal itching sensation they hurt & leave dark marks on the skin. Is there something different about this years mosquitos?

Determine net profit from net income and net sales [ 1 Answers ]

Net Income 5,390 Net Sales 44,830 - what is the net profit

Compute the amount of net income or net loss for this first month of operations. [ 1 Answers ]

a. Barlow deposited $10,000 cash in a business bank account, and the corporation issued common stock to him. b. Borrowed $5,000 cash from the bank and signed a note payable due within 1 year. c. Paid $300 cash for supplies. d. Purchased advertising in the local newspaper for cash, $800. e....

Determining net loss/net income from the end of period spreadsheet [ 3 Answers ]

In the end of period spreadsheet/worksheet for the current year, the Debit total is $436,700 and the credit total is $523,550. What is the amount of net loss or net income in preparing the income statement from the end-of-period spreadsheet?

In a doubles game how far over the net can a player reach to return a ball at net [ 1 Answers ]

During a doubles match a player on the opposite team was playing net and reached over to our side to return a ball. Can the racquet go over to the opposing team's side of the net to volley back a ball.

View more questions Search