Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kelly29 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 23, 2016, 09:11 AM
    Baby
    Hello, I just wanted to make things clear, I had sex with someone on the 7th Feb, then got back with my current partner on the 14th Feb then at the end of March I fell pregnant I wasn't having periods so wants expecting this, but I'm due the 20th November is there anyway the person I slept with on the 7th could be the father? I'm sure he's not bcoz it's a few weeks difference including the first 2 weeks before conception. Just need to be reasured
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Aug 23, 2016, 09:34 AM
    Dates are too close to tell. The ONLY surefire method is a DNA test after the birth.
    Precious7 Posts: 333, Reputation: 61

Aug 23, 2016, 10:33 AM
    Try pregnancy apps and try to find your conception date from that or else get to know what's the fetus age is when you do next sonogram (not the LMP date). From the fetus age you may count back your conception date.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 23, 2016, 10:53 AM
    Pregnancy apps do nothing conclusive. 2 weeks is very close together. You don't know when you 'fell pregnant.' Conception date is ALWAYS a guess unless you had sex only ONCE over a very long period. Even the path of the egg down the fallopian tube and the fertilization by a sperm can vary from minutes to several days. Curlyben was right.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Aug 23, 2016, 11:03 AM
    The two men were only 7 days apart... tell both of them because you will only know after the baby is born, As far as apps... they are worthless. Some women can and have gotten pregnant during their period... and others at any point in the cycle. Proof that its impossible to predict based on a calendar (which basically is what an app does) when there is that much variation from one woman to the next.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 24, 2016, 08:10 AM
    As was said, the only conclusive test is a DNA test AFTER the birth of your child. Anything else is but speculation, and high hopes.

Sorry, I know you want your boyfriend to be the baby daddy, but it could be the other guy just as easily.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Aug 24, 2016, 03:37 PM
    Did you continue to have sex with your current partner after February 14th? With a due date of Nov. 20th, if determined by an early scan, you would have conceived around the end of Feb/early March. Scans are not exact, but they are quite close in the first trimester due to the predictable development of baby. If you want to know with absolute certainty, have a DNA test done as has been suggested.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Aug 24, 2016, 04:25 PM
    DNA is the only way.

Your post isn't 100% clear, but based on how I read it you had sex with one potential daddy on the 7th, and the other potential daddy on the 14th? Is that right?

It could be either one. Ultrasounds aren't exact, they have a 2 week window either way, 2 weeks before or after, which adds up to a month. If you do a bit of research on pregnancy and how it works, guy one 7 days earlier and guy two 7 days later, both have a 50/50 chance of being the daddy. Sorry, but that's how it works. Pregnancy doesn't happen on the day you have sex, it takes a while. Both men have an equal shot at being a daddy.

The only way to know for sure who the daddy is, is a DNA test after baby is born. Sadly that's the ONLY way. And no, no matter how much you want to know now, or how much you want to justify picking one instead of the other, there's no way to know until baby is born and a DNA test is done, so save us all from the emotional stuff, this is science, and science doesn't care how you feel.

DNA test after baby is born, that's the ONLY option.

All we can do is wish you good luck and all you can do is hope that the DNA proves that it's the guy you want for the daddy.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bf of 13 yrs cheated, had a baby 2yrs ago now wants me to meet the baby mama. [ 3 Answers ]

How do I start the conversation. What should I say to her. Should I bring up the fact that I don't approve of how this situation happened, but am dealing with it in a mature way and I care for the child. The reason he now wants me to meet the baby mama is because he wants to get married next year...

An slovakia and born my baby in ireland?1wk ago is my baby irish [ 1 Answers ]

I am slovakia and I have lived in ireland for 2years , can my son get irish citizen or slovakia citizen if I deliver my baby in 2months time in ireland

My husband had a baby in high school and the girl gave the baby up for adoption. [ 2 Answers ]

My husband had a baby in high school the girl gave the baby boy up for adoption in Dec 1979 in glendale AZ. We have five boys and would like to see if we can locate him.

My son is 21 andrecieves ssi.he has a baby 1month old,can the baby's mother get child [ 2 Answers ]

My son is disabled and receives ssi benfits monthly.he cannot work at all.his girlfriend is trying to make him pay chid support.can she dio this and how?

Non-married HSMP visa holder expecting baby.will the baby have UK citizenship ? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello.. any advice will be appreciated. I am currently in the UK on the HSMP visa and in 2012 can apply for indefinite leave to remain and then citizenship. I am pregnant with my first child and am estranged from the father who is a UK citizen. We are not married. Will my child be a UK citizen...

View more questions Search