Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dcrittenden Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 21, 2016, 07:31 PM
    White powdery substance seen
    After about a week of cooler, rainy weather, I noticed today in the mulch around my potted lemon tree, there is a white powdery- looking substance. It is even starting to growi up a wood brace. Please help. This is the first year out of approximately an 8 or 9 year old tree that has a bumper crop of lemons. Maybe 30 lemons or more. Help me to save the lemons and tree please!
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Aug 22, 2016, 03:54 AM
    It appears you have a powdery mildew which is a fungus. Remove as much as possible and treat the area with baking soda mixed with horticultural oil obtained at your garden centre. Not being able to see what you have, this is the nearest diagnosis I can come up with. You could scrape some up and take it to your nearest garden centre to see what they decide.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

White substance over my penis [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I have noticed a white substance formed under my penis foreskin. My penis is itching and producing some smell due to it. Please advice what to do.

I have recently had drive blockpaved 2 months ago there is lot of white powdery stuff [ 1 Answers ]

I have recently had front drive blockpaved 2 months ago and noticed now there is lot of white powdery stuff on the bricks how can I get rid of it. It is going in a sort horizontal fashion across my front door, about 2 feet away from front door. The sand has not been put down yet. But will do...

White pasty substance on labium [ 2 Answers ]

I am 20 years old, sexually active, and on birth control. I have boon experiencing an unusual substance on my labium over the past couple months. It does not happen all the time, just at random and doesn't correllate with when I have sex. The substance isn't noticeable until I wipe with toilet...

Pile of powdery white substance in garage [ 1 Answers ]

Two days ago, I found what looks like powdered milk in a pile by my garage door. It is fluffy and dry and really oes look like powdered milk. I have seen carpenter ants, only one or two at a time, in the area. They are the big black variety. I can't see the hole or evidence of them coming and...

Painted shutters - white powdery haze forming [ 7 Answers ]

It was suggested to me where I bought my paint that I strip the enamel off because the paint was not sticking, so I did. Then I cleaned them with soap and rinsed them. I primed them then painted them. They looked really good. I let them dry for a day then put them on the house (last night). This...

View more questions Search