Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    clancytoo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 21, 2016, 03:30 PM
    Memory aide for taking medicines
    Hello, this is my first time requesting and am a new member, so please be gentle.

What would a circuit (12V or lower, battery driven) look like for a simple device to help me remember that I have already, or not taken my medicines for the day? Could be a single LED that is actuated by a press-button switch to show that I have taken my medicines. However, could it also contain a feature that turns the light off after some time (say midnight, the start of a new day) so that it resets itself after a significant time as I may forget to turn the light off manually? This seems to require a clock of some kind or a time delay feature within the circuit. And yes, I know there are plastic enclosures, alarm clocks, spouses, etc to accomplish the same thing, but I have a phobia for plastic enclosures, hate the sound of alarms and my spouse cannot remember any better than I can.

Would be nice if I could just insert the circuit between the batteries and the light in a flashlight, thereby minimizing the need for basic supplies like a container, battery holder, light, switches, etc.

Your help would be appreciated and please inform me if money has to change hands.

Clancy
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Aug 21, 2016, 05:31 PM
    Better to get over the phobia for plasitc, because short of your own private live in nurse... its the most foolproof and reliable thing you can have.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Aug 21, 2016, 06:28 PM
    Google "pill boxes with notification". Looks like there are quite a few.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 22, 2016, 02:32 PM
    A weekly pill box (totally manual) plus a daily one that fits in your pocket. A watch with a timer that beeps times of day.

Electronics break, and power goes out.
    I'm sure you already know this and even have them, but just in case you don't.
    Plus you can go places.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Taking medicines in early pregnancy [ 2 Answers ]

Dear Sir/Madam I am 24 years old. After delivering a baby 24 months before through C-section, I want to get pregnant again and today is my 6th day of condom free sex after last mensturation cycle. Yesterday I went to a neuro surgon and he prescribed some medicine containing different vitamins and...

I'm taking medicines for sinus and acne.nw I think I'm pregnant. [ 0 Answers ]

I'm a chronic sinusitis patient.im taking telfast 120 and omezyn 20. Also for acne I'm taking azythromaxyn for past one month nw my periods r missing n I think I'm pregnant.im tensed if these medicines harm my baby.help me please.im 22 years old

How do I overclock my memory on my ami bios with kingston hyperx ddr3 memory? [ 1 Answers ]

I have an Asus m4a785td-v evo motherboard and ami bios. I also have an amd phenom II x2 555 black editon processor. And kingston hyper x 4gb ddr3 Ram. But I can't find anywhere in the bios to over clock my memory, help?

Blood Pressure medicines and time of day taking them [ 2 Answers ]

I curently have prescriptions for high blood pressure and hypertension. I feel sleepy during the day regardless of amount of sleep the night before and feel pretty lethargic most days. My prescriptions just say " take once per day". How relevant are the following medicines to these "symptoms" and...

View more questions Search