Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DarraghFoy02 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 21, 2016, 01:06 PM
    Why does my Playstation4 tell me there's no data on my external hard drive?
    I got an external hard drive to transfer game data from one profile to another on my playstation4 because I didn't like the PSN account I had on the first profile. I have a new PSN account set up on the new profile, but when I went to transfer the game data from the hard drive to the new profile, it told me that there was no data on the hard drive. But there there actually is data on it, so why is it telling me there isn't? I copied the data from my old profile to the hard drive, and yet when I go to cooy the data back to my old profile, the data's there on the hard drive. So why is it telling me there's no data on the hard drive when I try to transfer the data to my new profile? Can someone please help me? I've asked Yahoo Answers the same question but I got no answer. I also contacted Sony (via email) about this, but I've been waiting a while for a reply. So why is this happening? Can someone answer my question?
    InfoJunkie4Life Posts: 1,409, Reputation: 81
    Ultra Member

Sep 4, 2016, 01:59 PM
    Playstation 4 does not allow restoring data from external drive to separate profile...

Different users cannot share gamedata.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

To upgrade a ps3 is it possible to use a new hard drive and external drive bay? Thanks. [ 0 Answers ]

... is it possible to use a new hard drive and external drive bay instead of using a external hd to transfer data? Thanks in advance.

I've moved the contents of my C: drive to my external hard drive. No OS found. [ 1 Answers ]

I was having some problems with my cpu usage so a friend told me to empty out my c: drive onto an external hdd. I did and it worked. But an hour later it shut down and when I tried to start it up it said no OS found. Is there any way to get it working again? I don't have a windows 7 CD to...

How transfer data between two external hard drives [ 1 Answers ]

I have a USB 2.0 WD external hard drive that has been damaged so that both the A/C adapter and the USB cable connection do not show as connected (lights) when inserted. Windows XP on the desktop does not recognize any new hardware to be installed with the USB cable attached. It's possible the...

USB External Hard Drive (drive connect problem) [ 7 Answers ]

After connecting my external hard drive to a usb port. Assigns to a used drive F. to get to the ext hd I have to disconnect F then I'm able to open the ext hd. How can I get the ext. hd to go to the next available drive letter or can I assign one?

View more questions Search