Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Yusf Posts: 198, Reputation: 3

Aug 21, 2016, 03:46 AM
    What would the problem be if we had no tissue fluid
    I read about tissue fluid in my book. It says that tissue fluid assists in delivery of nutrients and removal of waste products. I googled about the function of TF and found this pretty much everywhere.
    " Role of interstitial fluid
    Interstitial fluid acts as a kind of fuelling station in terms of nutrients for our cells. Interstitial fluid contains glucose, salt, fatty acids and minerals such as calcium, magnesium and potassium.
    The nutrients in interstitial fluid come from blood capillaries. Interstitial fluid can also hold waste products which result from metabolism."
    My question - can't a normal circulatory system do the same (deliver nutrient and take away waste) as efficiently as with the tissue fluid? Of course not, but why not?
    Probably tissue fluid gives more surface area for diffusion to and from cell. But we know the adaptations of capillary. Should not that be as good as tissue fluid?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 21, 2016, 07:33 AM
    Why not? For one, the circulatory system does not make you sweat. Every cell needs to remove waste and receive nutrients. The circulatory system is encapsulated, for lack of a better word. Blood is contained within arteries, veins, and capillaries, etc. It is not free flowing

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tissue [ 0 Answers ]

Yesterday, I thought I was getting my period sure to some abdominal cramping and light bleeding. When I went to change my tampon a large pink piece of tissue came out. What the heck is going on? I haven't been bleeding much since then.

My dad has fluid in his elbow. Is it dangerous? And is it a fluid filled bursa? [ 2 Answers ]

My dad was diagnoes with elbow bursitis and he woke up this morning and he said his elbow looked like a sack of water. Is it dangerous? And is it the fluid filled bursa?

Brake Fluid Has Been Getting Lower in the Fluid Cylinder. Is Failure Imminent? [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, All! I was told by someone, who is not a mechanic by trade, that my brake fluid was getting lower in the fluid cylinder and that I needed a brake job. There don't appear to be any leaks, my brakes seem to work fine and there are no noises. He made it seem like brake failure was...

Do I need to remove some of my AT fluid before adding transmission fluid conditioner? [ 1 Answers ]

I bought a 20 oz. bottle of "lucas oil automatic transmission fluid conditioner" for my 93 ford taurus 3.8L V6 automatic GL. It has 145,000 miles on it. I want to add a 20 oz. bottle of this lucas oil transmission fluid conditioner but don't know if I should remove some of my AT fluid before I...

View more questions Search