darekrasban12 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2016, 01:22 PM
    Birth certificate
    Can anyone tell me how to get my original birth certificate before adoption

Hi how do I get my original before adoption birth certificate
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 19, 2016, 01:39 PM
    Do you know where you were born? In which county? Or country, if not the US?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 19, 2016, 03:16 PM
    If this is the US, and it was a closed adoption, you can not.

If this is the US and it was a open adoption you just go, or contact the county clerks office where you were born.

In most adoptions, everything is exactly the same on the birth certificate, except for the mother and father names, which are changed. The other info is the same
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 19, 2016, 03:57 PM
    Another source is the adoption agency that placed you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to change the date of birth in birth certificate in kerala? [ 1 Answers ]

Hii, In all my records sslc,degree,voter id, pan card my dob is 10/03/1991.. but my original dob is 29/5/1991.. how to change the dob on birth certificate as it is mandatory for paassport.. pls help

The man on my child's birth certificate isn't the father but has accepted since birth [ 4 Answers ]

I was in a relationship of 4 years and cheated with another man and got pregnant, the man I cheated with knew I was pregnant but the guy I was in the 4 year relationship knew the baby wasn't his but we still stayed together and he was there for the pregnancy and the birth and signed her birth...

If someone has died, who owns their marriage certificate and birth certificate [ 4 Answers ]

If someone has a birth certificate and a marriage certificate and someone else wants it. How is it decided who owns this document

Father not around at birth. Want to add him to birth certificate/change babies name [ 1 Answers ]

At the time I had my son 5 months ago his father was not in the picture so I opted to not give him his last name or put his name on the birth certificate... however now his father came back and we are working things out.. how do I go about changing the birth certificate and my sons last name... do...

View more questions Search