Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    anishnamson Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 17, 2016, 05:06 AM
    Normal Split AC can achieve 12degree?
    In my split AC 2ton (R22) initial setting temperature is 16degree Celsius but I need 12degree is it possible to reach 12 degree. If not please explain and help me
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Aug 17, 2016, 01:25 PM
    Not sure what you are asking. 16* C = 61*F. Temp is set by the Thermostat. Do you want the room temp to get to 12* C/ 54*F?
    I believe that is unrealistic in a house considering ambient temperatures.

Aug 17, 2016, 10:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ma0641 View Post
    Not sure what you are asking. 16* C = 61*F. Temp is set by the Thermostat. Do you want the room temp to get to 12* C/ 54*F?
    I believe that is unrealistic in a house considering ambient temperatures.
    For Chemical Storage room is it possible to make 12* C/ 54*F by resetting thermostat
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Aug 18, 2016, 05:30 AM
    How well insulated is the room and what are outside ambient temperatures... those both play heavily into the factor as does the capacity and efficiency of the system.

With a 2 ton system...that room better be small AND well insulated.

Aug 18, 2016, 05:54 AM
    300mmthk Concrete wall and room size is 3M X 3M X3M, Outside Ambient temperature is 50*c. Not insulated. Is it possible to reach 12*c?
    Uber Member

Aug 18, 2016, 06:26 AM
    I seriously dpubt you will get a 70* F differential. A conderser at 50* C/ 122*F can't do it.

Aug 18, 2016, 06:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ma0641 View Post
    I seriously dpubt you will get a 70* F differential. A conderser at 50* C/ 122*F can't do it.
    If I changed to 5ton AC then possible to reach 12*C?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Aug 18, 2016, 09:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by anishnamson View Post
    300mmthk Concrete wall and room size is 3M X 3M X3M, Outside Ambient temperature is 50*c. Not insulated. Is it possible to reach 12*c?
    That's like trying to air condition an oven that's still operating. All that concrete is going to be trying to heat up that space and will have effectively an unlimited ability to maintain that which will radiate into your space and you do have a very limited ability to cool that and to what temperature.

The temperature differential limit mentioned by ma0641 is a function of the refrigerant type used as much as is the system design. There is an actual limit as to the range of drop that's possible.

If at all possible I would consider using some form of insulation on either side of the wall you can access, probably the outside as concrete is porous, and would reduce interior condensation.

As far as what the actual limits are I will defer to others more knowledgeable and experienced. I remember they exist from studying to get my license... I however do not work in that field and just do not remember what they are.
    Uber Member

Aug 18, 2016, 12:06 PM
    300mm wall has an R value of 2. You can't have the air handler inside so you would need vents to get air in and out. Considering the ambient temperature, temp you want and R value, I think you would be throwing money away. Build something with an r 40 wall, you may get the temp down but the ambient temp is another big issue with the potential temperature drop across the coil. No easy solution.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Aug 18, 2016, 01:05 PM
    So, what does the OP want to keep very cold. Kind of creepy if you ask me.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 18, 2016, 06:32 PM
    Chemicals

Quote Originally Posted by anishnamson View Post
    For Chemical Storage room is it possible to make 12* C/ 54*F by resetting thermostat
    caibuadday Posts: 460, Reputation: 10

Aug 19, 2016, 07:49 PM
    Here is the formular for simple heat transfer ; Q = A X 1/R X delta T , Q =total heat , A = area ,R value =insulation, T = temperature different... If this is out door then there is another set of values for the radiant heat gain, this depend on your location... Like others have mentioned you have to install some type of insulation...

Aug 19, 2016, 08:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Chemicals
    Chlorine storage room
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 20, 2016, 06:03 AM
    What do you use it for and how much, and for how long? Generally a cool dry place is sufficient for most HOME applications, indoors or out. Are we talking liquid or gas? Industrial setting, or commercial, or residential?

Never heard of storage in a below room temp for safety. Where does that come from if I may ask? Well ventilated yes, and in certified containers for sure. Where does that come from if I may ask?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why can't I achieve an orgasm [ 1 Answers ]

I have been having sex with my boyfriend for over a year and a half and I have never achieved an orgasm. We do oral, touching and full sex for countless hours on end and I never climax. We have enough foreplay, we have a great connection, he does everything I want him to, I have tried masterbating...

Now if only we could achieve that here [ 25 Answers ]

It is interesting that the GFC could achieve something the rest of us might have considered highly unlikely, the retreat of the ubiquitous golden arches. Iceland says goodbye to McDonald's Blamed for exporting obesity from the US, chew and spew, as it is known locally among the teens, still...

How do I achieve an even tone [ 1 Answers ]

My neck is darker than my face and I really want to know what to do to make it light and blend with my facial tone

How to achieve a scholarship [ 1 Answers ]

What do I need to do to achieve a scholarship

What does NC achieve? [ 11 Answers ]

Reading all of the posts on No Contact what does it achieve by doing it? Is it a way of healing if you have been dumped or a way of making an ex miss you? To me No contact seems quite a stubborn way to go about it and you could possibly ruin your chances of reconcilliation by not contacting! ...

View more questions Search