Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    curliejones Posts: 18, Reputation: 0

Aug 14, 2016, 04:13 AM
    EMT caps
    I am using 3/4" EMT conduit stuck into 2x4s to support lumber stock (outdoors)and want to close the outboard end to keep insects out. I searched a little and found Arlington EMT75C a plastic end cap. Does anyone have experience with plastic end caps to know if the will fit tightly and not knock off the EMT easily? This is the only brand / product I could find and jobbers supply them by the hundred (around $12) but the shipping is always UPS ground at $18 or so. Looking for a solution and a cheap one if possible.
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Aug 14, 2016, 05:50 AM
    Why not stuff a little waded up paper about 1/2" down the end and then seal the end with hot glue.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Aug 14, 2016, 06:13 AM
    Rubber stoppers or PVC piping caps and caulk them on. I have used stainless steel wool pot scrubbers, get at Dollar Tree.
    Missouri Bound Posts: 1,532, Reputation: 94
    Ultra Member

Aug 14, 2016, 10:08 PM
    Hammer them flat and bend them over. Why waste time with caps?
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Aug 19, 2016, 10:13 AM
    How about a washer at the end of the conduit so it won't cut into the wood. It would displace the pressure. Any plastic or rubber end caps on pipe or conduit need a washer, or it will cut through? My opinion.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

3/4" or 1" emt [ 2 Answers ]

My ongoing project; Small subpanel in attached garage- feeders will be #6 THHN copper and eqpt. Gnd. #10 THHN copper. Per Table C.1, 3/4" EMT will take four #6 THHN. The run will have two 90 degree bends and a total length of approximatley 23 ft. From and "ease of pull" standpoint will I...

Minimum distance between emt conduit for data and emt conduit for power [ 1 Answers ]

Minimum distance between emt conduit for data and emt conduit for power?

EMT sizing [ 5 Answers ]

Question concerning the use of 1” or 1 ¼” EMT. I’ve referenced the NEC tables for conduit fill, but I’m concerned about the ease of the wire pull, and the amp/derating factor, which I am not that familiar with, or if it even applies. Local code requires conduit. This is the set up: 1. Apprx. 11...

Rigid or EMT [ 2 Answers ]

Planning some remodeling. Main breaker panel, currently within five feet of the meter, may be moved approximately 12 feet due to the size of the panel and framing considerations. A listed service disconnect will be placed at the old panel location, and rigid used from meter to disconnect. ...

View more questions Search