Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Crescenda Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2016, 05:47 AM
    My son accidentally hit my two year old daughter with a cricket bat on her mouth and
    My son accidentally hit my two year old daughter with a cricket bat on her mouth and nose, what should I look out for and should I let her sleep
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 13, 2016, 06:15 AM
    How long before you wrote this question? She should be crying and fussing for quite a while before wanting to sleep. Wanting to sleep can be a sign of concussion or other serious problems. Although the blow wasn't to her skull, so concussion is unlikely... Call her pediatrician.

Of course she can be allowed to sleep, regardless.

Teeth can get gas in them after a blow, but since she has baby teeth, I wouldn't worry about her teeth. At some point wiggle them gently.
    A broken nose is cartilage than can heal easily enough.
    An Xray might be ordered of the bones of the jaw and cheeks.
    All in all, odds are she is OK, but let her doctor decide. Leave a message because it's Saturday. Only you know how hard he hit her, so you decide about going to an ER.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 13, 2016, 08:00 AM
    You take her to the ER now. Not later. Run, don't walk.
    current pert

Aug 13, 2016, 08:19 AM
    I defer to J_9
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Aug 13, 2016, 08:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    You take her to the ER now. Not later. Run, don't walk.
    Z
    Yes, totally agree. Why did she waste time asking here and wait for an answer !
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 13, 2016, 12:36 PM
    You look out for traffic as you drive her to the ER.
    current pert

Aug 13, 2016, 01:18 PM
    Maybe, just maybe, it wasn't much of a hit at all!
    I got through my entire childhood with far worse. I was hit full force with a golf club, in the temple. ETC!
    I try to at least provide some info, with disclaimers. Not everyone is anywhere near medical care, nor has a car, nor can afford an ambulance, and so on. She could be in an ER waiting room for 8 hours, catching diseases from others. I've been in ERs that were longer waits than 8 hours, and care was lousy. Was there blood from a blow to the mouth? There should be, to merit that amount of concern. I at least tried to find out how long it's been.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Aug 13, 2016, 03:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    Maybe, just maybe, it wasn't much of a hit at all!
    I got through my entire childhood with far worse. I was hit full force with a golf club, in the temple. ETC!
    I try to at least provide some info, with disclaimers. Not everyone is anywhere near medical care, nor has a car, nor can afford an ambulance, and so on. She could be in an ER waiting room for 8 hours, catching diseases from others. I've been in ERs that were longer waits than 8 hours, and care was lousy. Was there blood from a blow to the mouth? There should be, to merit that amount of concern. I at least tried to find out how long it's been.
    Stop apologizing. It is a toddler. No one fools with an accident like this in one so young.
    current pert

Aug 13, 2016, 03:39 PM
    Stop apologizing? I never started. Far from it.
    No one? Plenty do. My mother did. Again - we have no idea how serious it was. I won't sit here all day telling everyone in the world to get to an ER.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cricket batsman accidentally hits spectator with his bat [ 1 Answers ]

I seem to recall an incident in which a dismissed batsman, who was leaving the oval, accidentally swung his bat which then hit a spectator in the face.. I just can't seem to find the information anywhere.

I accidentally deleted an Important VoiceMail from my Cricket ZTE cell. Is there ANY w [ 0 Answers ]

I accidentally deleted an Important VoiceMail from my Cricket ZTE cell. Is there ANY way to retrieve that message back?

Why my 8 year old daughter woke up w discoloration around her mouth? [ 30 Answers ]

My 8 year old daughter woke up with discoloration around her mouth, why?

My 12 year old daughter soars in back of mouth [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, my daught has these soars,you know where your teeth end that's were they r she had a fever and she was nautious we have no idea what it is but she can't swallow anything salty peppery' and it burns please helpp my name is stephanie

View more questions Search