Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Aug 8, 2016, 04:19 PM
    Opinion: Is this the first step of many in the New gun control race?
    I have read this article and it looks as if the government is yet again overstepping its bounds. They wish to impose a fee on gunsmiths for simply repairing firearms. Anyone working in the service industry knows that there is a huge difference between being a repair person and a manufacturer. Why doesn't the government know this too ???

It appears to be yet another step in gun control and yet another roadblock for those that wish to make a living in the good ole USA.

Article:

Forbes Welcome
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 8, 2016, 04:25 PM
    It depends on what they do. Threading a barrel, for example, would be considered part of manufacturing. If you alter a gun in any way, that's manufacturing, but simple repairs aren't included in this.
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Aug 8, 2016, 04:51 PM
    That's why getting the training and the tools but NOT operating a business is the only safe strategy.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 8, 2016, 05:10 PM
    Hubby is still doing his thing without any repercussions. As long as the firearm is not altered he's in the clear.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Aug 8, 2016, 06:43 PM
    Right out of Sol Alinskies Rules for radicals...

How you you cook a live frog? If you put a live frog in an open pot of cold water it would not jump out if you slowly raise temperature...

They lie about everything. They know their intentions.. and they are to eventually disarm the Public like the Nazi's did, the Communists did, and every other despot on earth... eventually it will get used to it until its too hot then its too late.

Because a disarmed public can't fight back when the oppression starts.

What the Wannabe communists want is the first step to taking away all of your rights. If they are willing to take away one..there is absolutely nothing stopping them from taking the rest away too. Because none of the rest are any more important than that one.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sensible gun control... its obvious. [ 37 Answers ]

Sensible Gun Control http://www.dcclothesline.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/these-men-support-your-right-to-bear-arms-these-men-oppose-it-who-do-you-trust.jpg Sensible Gun Control. Great Idea! Why didn’t I think of this? In 1865, a Democrat shot and killed Abraham Lincoln, President of the...

Gun Control... it didn't take long [ 1292 Answers ]

I won't go into hysterics that Obama is going to take away our guns. Just one question. If the US backs a UN Treaty to restrict small arms ,what is the law of the land ? The treaty ,or the Constitution of the land... specifically the 2nd Amendment ? After Obama win, U.S. backs new U.N....

Gun control past debates [ 1135 Answers ]

Does anyone remember if there were attempts to pass new gun laws after the shootings of John Lennon and Ronald Reagan? I wasn't old enough to remember. I remember a time magazine article from 1989 called Armed America that discussed violent crime and the ease that people could buy guns. I remember...

Gun control by fiat? [ 17 Answers ]

Who needs a congress? King Obama is reportedly working on gun control "under the radar" by way of executive order or regulatory means. WaPo did a story on White House gun control czar Steve Crowley which had this little tidbit that just almost escaped notice. I'm sure that is "under the...

Gun Control [ 29 Answers ]

Hello: The killer we've been talking about was subdued AFTER he emptied his magazine and before he could insert another. He was using 30 round clips. THOSE clips were illegal under the Assault Weapons Ban that EXPIRED under Bush and was not reinstated. If it HAD been reinstated, the killer...

View more questions Search