Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    catonsville Posts: 894, Reputation: 91

Aug 7, 2016, 07:49 AM
    TV Needs 2 Boxes or 1?
    If a commercial establishment is contracted with Comcast and they have 2 TVs and claim they have only one box and that is the reason they can only show the same program on the TV's. Is this true? Do they need to have 2 boxes?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Aug 7, 2016, 02:51 PM
    Most modern STB's - Set Top Box have 2 outputs. 1 through coax and the other through HDMI. It is possible to use both at the same time or get a splitter for the HDMI so as many tvs as they have will show the same from one access point.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 7, 2016, 02:59 PM
    I'm positive that they need 2 boxes to see different programs from each other.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Aug 7, 2016, 03:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    I'm positive that they need 2 boxes to see different programs from each other.

Yes you need 2 boxes provided your cable company is on a digital system. Then you would have to have 2 STB's to see differing programs.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Aug 7, 2016, 03:27 PM
    To see two different programs at the same time on two tv's you need two boxes. You can use an HDMI splitter if you have multiple TV's all showing the same program however

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Match boxes [ 5 Answers ]

Does anyone know who would like to buy old match boxes? Or does anyone know of a site that deals with these? I have numerous match boxes over 35 years old.

Cable boxes [ 1 Answers ]

I was thinking about buying a cable box descrambler. How do they work, an what's the best one to buy

Fire boxes [ 7 Answers ]

Fireboxes: I purchased an exterior portable fire box that sits on the deck. Do I use coals or wood in to burn in the fire box.

Junction Boxes [ 2 Answers ]

Can I connect a "constant" power source to a "switch controlled" power source in the same junction box? I am putting power to the deck at the rear of my house. One line ( "switch controlled " ) is for the lights, and the " constant power ", is for a GFI, as I don't want to have the GFI tied...

Chewing on Boxes [ 2 Answers ]

I have been the happy Mom to a 10 year old neutered male with a gimpy paw (surgical revision). He has been with me since he was a feral foundling, approx 8 weeks old. He chews cardboard. He doesn't swallow, just chews. Boxes don't stand a chance. Anybody had experience? The vet says he is...

View more questions Search