Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    j2237806 Posts: 36, Reputation: 2

Aug 6, 2016, 08:23 PM
    Is it working?
    Hi there, a few weeks ago I felt as if I had a UTI (I've had several of these before). I took Azithromycin for 5 days but forgot to take the last dose which was 1 pill. The treatment consists of 6 pills. Three days ago I went to the doctor to get a pap smear. Everything went OK with that but when she asked me how I was feeling with urination, I told her I wasn't feeling OK again. She took a urine sample and they found nitrates and bacteria. She sent me Bactrim for 5 days, twice a day. I'm already on my third day about to take my 2nd dose for today and I don't feel too much improvement. Is this normal? I'm really scared.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Aug 7, 2016, 09:41 AM
    She gave you a stronger antibiotic. Keep taking them to the last dose. Drink plenty of water to flush out your urinary tract and usually the occasional glass of cranberry juice helps.

I might add that when I feel a UTI occurring I hit the cranberry juice and water big time.

Aug 7, 2016, 10:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    She gave you a stronger antibiotic. Keep taking them to the last dose. Drink plenty of water to flush out your urinary tract and usually the occasional glass of cranberry juice helps.

I might add that when I feel a UTI occurring I hit the cranberry juice and water big time.
    I know, but is it normal to barely feel any relief?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 7, 2016, 10:22 AM
    Bactrim is the drug of choice for a UTI. I question the original script go azythromycin, that more for respiratory infections.

Yes, it's normal not to feel relief for a few days. Increase your inane of water or cranberry juice and avoid caffeine at all costs.

Aug 7, 2016, 02:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    Bactria is the drug of choice for a UTI. I question the original script go azythromycin, that more for respiratory infections.

Yes, it's normal not to feel relief for a few days. Increase your inane of water or cranberry juice and avoid caffeine at all costs.
    I'm really scared. I'm about to go back to the doctor tomorrow if I don't feel better. I'm going to start taking cranberry juice and azo for the pain.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Aug 7, 2016, 03:33 PM
    Dr in ER once told me that Advil would reduce discomfort and it always worked. It is an anti-inflammatory. You are stressing about this too much, therefore increasing discomfort. Relax and let the meds and cranberry juice work. Whenever I feel a UTI approaching I hit the water, cranberry juice and Advil.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 7, 2016, 03:39 PM
    Azo works well as it minimizes the pain of bladder spasms accompanied with UTIs.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2004 honda accord brake lights not working changed bulbs but still not working [ 1 Answers ]

Changed bulbs lights still not working manual does not indicate which fuse or fuses to replace help anybody?

Taillights not working, bulbs good,brake and turn signals are working [ 3 Answers ]

Hello I need some help.my 98 chevy pick up has no taillights ,my brake and turn signals work.I have checked my fuses all seem OK .What to look for now?

My craftsman keyless entry is only working on one garage door. Was working on both. [ 4 Answers ]

My keyless entry was working prior to vacation. We have two garage doors and each one has a different code. Only one code, and thus door, is now opening with the keyless entry pad. I replaced the battery, and that did not help. Any help is much appreciated. My garage door opener model number is...

Dual fuel rheem furnace not working, defrost control board replaced still not working [ 1 Answers ]

Hello there, I have a Rheem furnace and is only one year old. Recently my furnace didn't come on so I had someone come out and look at it and it turns out it was the defrost board on the heat pump that was bad. I replaced the board with a new one and turned the system on and it worked on heat and...

View more questions Search