Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Mar 10, 2005, 07:19 AM
    Outlook 2000 / Exchange 2003: email addresses resolves very slowly
    This is happeneing only to one particular user who received a new computer. When she start a new message and types in the person's name she uses the "Check name" button to resolve the name from the Global Address List. Outlook hangs for about a minute (it's supposed to be instantaneous) then the address book window finally pops open.

I've checked Tools > Services > Addressing and the GAL is there at the top of the list.

Has anyone seen this problem before?
    Danie Bocage Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2005, 05:03 AM
    Have you resolved this issue?
    I am experiencing the same problem.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Oct 19, 2005, 05:09 AM
    It was a while ago but I believe we deleted the Outlook profile and recreated it again.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Run rules and alerts before junk email filter in Outlook 2003 [ 1 Answers ]

With SP1, Outlook 2003 stopped running rules on emails that were determined to be spam, http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=842510#XSLTH3133121121120121120120. Is there anyway I can have the rules run again? If not, how do I uninstall SP1? Thanks.

Must hit send/rec to receive email in outlook 2003 [ 4 Answers ]

Hello everyone, I am new to this site so please bear with me as I learn. My question is: I set a friend up with a linksys router on his desktop, and set up email accts. For he and his wife, in outlook 2003 on his laptop. Laptop connects to internet fine (wirelessly), sends email automatically when...

I couldn't send and receive email from outlook 2003 [ 4 Answers ]

I have a problem to send and receive email from outlook 2003 behind a linksys router. I configured my outlook 2003 auto send & receive email in every 1 min. When outlook starts send & receive process, It would pop up a window asking me Enter Network Password. When I click OK, it keeps pop up again...

Word 2000, Outlook 2003: My keyboard unexpectedly begins typing gibberish. [ 1 Answers ]

For example, when I type "several years," what appears on the screen is "o.k.pan f.apo". I don't understand why or when this occurs, except that it may occur inconsistently after I've been writing something for longer than a few minutes. Usually, I have to save my work and reboot to...

Exporting Mail from Outlook 2003 to 2000 [ 9 Answers ]

I have been strugggling with this (what I feel should be simple and probably is) problem for two days now and its driving me up the wall so could some kindly soul please help!! I need to export all my saved e-mails (in various sub-folders within the INBOX) from Outlook 2003 to Outlook 2000 on my...

View more questions Search