Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mbueno123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2016, 03:50 PM
    Accounting question please help
    The note payable to Royce Computers (transactions 04 and 07) is a five-year note, with interest at the rate of 12 percent annually. Interest expense should be computed based on a 360 day year.

Transaction 04: June 2: Check # 5002 was used to make a down payment of $30,000.00 on additional computer equipment that was purchased from Royce Computers, invoice number 76542. The full price of the computer was $150,000.00. A five-year note was executed by Byte for the balance.

Transaction 07: June 10: Check # 5003 was used to make a $23,000.00 payment reducing the prinicpal owed on the June 2 purchase of computer equipment from Royce Computers.

I know how to set up the journal entry I just have no idea how to solve it
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2016, 06:47 AM
    You have to do calculations of interest due based on the outstanding balance.

Obviously there are three transactions, a down payment, an asset and a loan followed by a further reduction of the loan balance. There will also be a calculation of interest due, so let's see your effort

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Accounting question [ 11 Answers ]

During June 2005, Bextra Inc. recorded sales of $55,000 but only $20,000 was collected in cash from customers. Cost of goods sold of $38,000. What was the effect of these sales on Bextra's current ratio? A- Current ratio increases B-Current ratio decreases C-Current ratio remains...

Accounting Question [ 1 Answers ]

You purchased a truck March 1st for $17,000. The salvage value is $5,000 and the expected useful life is 5 years. What would the entry be for the end of the year accounting cycle on June 30th?

You pay your employees every other week. The pay periods are evenly split between two weeks. What is the adjusting entry that would be used when the wages accrue for the first week of the two week pay period?

Accounting question [ 1 Answers ]

I do not understand why accounting information is important to a restaurant manager/owner when deciding who to hire for an entry-level position in the meat department.

I have to make a classified balance sheet for my homework assignment. I can get the current assets to equal $3,415, which is the correct total, but I can't get the total liabilities and stockholders equity to equal that. I don't know if Im not adding something into that section or what. Here's...

View more questions Search