Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wulfy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 4, 2016, 10:19 PM
    Why do I smell like Sulfur?
    For some reason almost every, usually, late night, except for the time it happened in the morning, I randomly start to smell like Sulfur. I don't know why. I have seen a doctor, he thinks it's depression, I went to an ER and they think it's all in my head
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Aug 5, 2016, 08:26 AM
    "I have seen a doctor, he thinks it's depression, I went to an ER and they think it's all in my head". Not much we can do after that.
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Aug 5, 2016, 03:00 PM
    A lot of things can cause smells that you notice that other people don't. One might be your clothing. If you, for example, leave your clothes in the washer wet or don't dry them completely before putting them away, they could be mildewed. If they are dry, most people won't notice but if you are wearing the clothes, you will.

Dietary changes can also cause body smells. Making changes, for example to a low carb diet can cause your body to smell different. Kidney infections can cause body smells as can liver problems. Stress can make your sweat smellier. Wearing something too much without washing it can make it smell - or having things that are made of synthetic fabrics that you wear a lot can start to smell. For example, it can be hard to get body odors out of synthetic bras if you wear them too often or don't wash them often enough. Sports clothes like yoga pants and running shirts and shoes can also start to hold odors that still persist after laundering them.

Certain foods can make your urine smell - most people have noticed this after eating asparagus, for example. And some illnesses, if not under control, can cause changes in body smell like diabetes.

You can also have a sinus infection with bacteria in your sinuses that only you can smell.

It's hard for us to really know and all you can do is try to eliminate things until you figure it out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

RV has sulfur smell [ 0 Answers ]

Our motorhome emits a strong sulfur smell. It seems like it happens after we have used the AC unit and it is very strong near the door. Reading different things, I have checked the batteries (located under the steps) but also wonder if it could be coming from the hot water tank (heater located next...

Sulfur smell [ 2 Answers ]

We recently had a bathroom and kitchen put into the basement for living space... there are two bathrooms and one kitchen on the two levels upstairs and one bath and one kitchen on the 1 1/2 floors downstairs. I have lived here for nearly 30 years and have NEVER smelt sulfur (water has always been...

Sulfur smell when doing laundry. [ 1 Answers ]

There's been a strong smell of sulfur, whenever we do laundry in the basement of our 3 story home. Now I'm smelling it when the dishwasher runs. Is there some kind of "flush" they can do for a whole house?

Sulfur smell from ac vents [ 1 Answers ]

I moved into a new home about 2 years ago. About 3 months ago I started smelling a faint smell of sulfur and in the last month it has gotten much worse. I thought maybe an animal had gotten into the attic. I inspected the roof and all overhangs as well as the inside of the house and no where...

View more questions Search