Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Skinwhite Posts: 77, Reputation: 6

Oct 17, 2005, 03:40 PM
    Lotti, the only reason Obagi does work for some people is because it has 4% hydroquinone in the Obagi Blender or Obagi Clear. You are right that is a big waste of money. If you are going to use hydroquinone there are much cheaper products out there than Obagi. With hydroquinone, people will just get darker or cancer later so def not worth it!
    Xenophon Posts: 27, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2005, 09:54 AM
    So dimples could you recommend me an internet site where I could buy that staff?
    Isn't it harmfulkl to the skin? Does anybody know something about whitening soap except dimples??

L-glutathione I won't buy or trie. So many people do say that it does not work. So why waaste money. And the one who sell that seem to me a bit TOOO kind.
    They can't give one pictures of before and after... hmm

Oct 18, 2005, 03:47 PM
    The answer to your question above is Yes. Michael Jackson did many things to his skin - not just one thing. He used 4% HQ prescription called Eldopaque. Had laser treatments and probably chemical peels. I would hardly use him as an example though since he is sickly, his skin looks washed out white, who knows how many side effects he faced with all that.

You can have peeling or microdermabrasion done at dermatologists office or spas/salons. There are at home versions, but with peels you have to do light ones like glycolic or lactic at low percentages. Microdermabrasion you can find at home treatments with those machines or a simple cream like Epidermx.

Try one new thing at a time, otherwise your skin will go into overdrive and breakout.
    dimples Posts: 256, Reputation: 9

Oct 19, 2005, 08:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenophon
    So dimples could you recommend me an internet site where i could buy that staff?
    Isnt it harmfulkl to the skin? does anybody know something about whitening soap except dimples????

L-glutathione i wont buy or trie. So many people do say that it does not work. So why waaste money. And the one who sell that seem to me a bit TOOO kind.
    They can't give one pictures of before and after...hmm
    Do not expect miracle from all this glutathione loca. I have been using it for 2 months & 2 days now & I have only lightened 2 shades so it is much less than expected. The perks are of course, smoother & softer skin with less blemishes & it is the primary reason I am still using it. I would say it is an excellent skin supplement, not that much of a whitener.
    About whitening soaps, I think you should check out your local Asian stores. I know they have these on their shelves. I have been using them for a long time now shifting from one kind to another more for experimental reasons. Hehe. Buying it through the net is not wise since they charge so much & the prices are sometimes 5 times their original price.

Oct 19, 2005, 12:23 PM
    No I think the soaps COULD be perfect for me. They could make my skin red. That's what I want I think. Im not so dark so its OK. It's a you know
    "greek skin color". Where do you live? I think in the US don't you? I live in germany. Don't know if here the asia shops have something like soaps.

Don't know asia shops at all :D
    I will have a look.
    How do the soaps work on your skin? Of which origin are you?

Thanks a lot dimples
    socalstudios Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2005, 07:55 PM
    What brand is the soap you are using dimples.
    I need to get me some suntan lotion, and what is the deal with makari.

I herd milk and water mixed is good for your skin too, anyone hear of that. Ordered a book on glutathione at barnes and nobles so imma peep that in few days and come back if find anything else. I rely think for gluta to work you need to be like light brown or have at least been light brown/yellow/white as a kid. My face and forearms are mid brown but my body legs is like yellow and as a kid I had good pigmentation. I think some people are really dissapointed in gluta because they are naturally black and are trying to jump to white. Ain't going to happen. Dimples you being filipino is brown but chinese and spanish is white so you have a good shot. Xeno you being persian most likely also have a good shot. 2 shades in 2 months is not bad, keep it up for a year you might jump 4 shades hopfully permanent and you are seeing results as your skin is smooth now. Which gluta are you using and how much.
    amisha Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Oct 20, 2005, 12:13 AM
    HI skin white
    Can you tell me what is chemical peels and microdermabrasion? Does it lighten skin color?
    I have contacted with so many plastic surgeon.. they all said there's no way to change color which is really disappointed me!!
    I have used several skin whitening cream but nothing workd.. all gave me breakouts! So I'm looking for something permanent ! Is there anything that you know ?
    Thankx

Quote Originally Posted by Skinwhite
    The answer to your question above is Yes. Michael Jackson did many things to his skin - not just one thing. He used 4% HQ prescription called Eldopaque. Had laser treatments and probably chemical peels. I would hardly use him as an example though since he is sickly, his skin looks washed out white, who knows how many side effects he faced with all that.

You can have peeling or microdermabrasion done at dermatologists office or spas/salons. There are at home versions, but with peels you have to do light ones like glycolic or lactic at low percentages. Microdermabrasion you can find at home treatments with those machines or a simple cream like Epidermx.

Try one new thing at a time, otherwise your skin will go into overdrive and breakout.

Oct 20, 2005, 07:59 AM
    There are many kind of chemical peels. Many different kinds like glycolic acid, trichloroacetic acid, salicylic acid, lactic acid, or carbolic acid (phenol). The lighter ones(less percentage) can be done at home and only reach the superficial outer layers of the skin. These will help your skin lightening creams work better. Then there are the stronger peels(higher percentage) that are done in your derms or surgeons office. Some are not recommended for dark skin because of risk of hyperpigmentation, so it's important to see someone professional.

Microdermabasion is like a "polisher" that a dr/tech uses with a cream with oxide crystals which stimulate new cell growth and collagen.

It's not a one time thing and needs a series of treatments. The surgeons are right, you're not going to change your color like Michael J. but with consistent treatments you will see lightening.
    Beyonce Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Oct 21, 2005, 07:38 PM
    Skin bleaching!
    Hello Hello all! For months I've been an unregistered guest of this forum, reading repetitive messages... that really get us nowhere. I'm an african girl, currently living in Australia... or if I may 'WHITE' australia. I am proud of my skin colour and looks, HOWEVER... I also believe lighter brown is also attractive. I'm not too dark, just brown with yellow tones. But I want to lighten atleaset 2 shades, maybe a shade darker than beyonce? ANYWAY.. my point today is, I visited skinbleaching.net, after many other hopeless websites. I was almost about to purchase the swiss lightening pills, until someone here (can't remember who) mentioned they were bullsh*t. So I came across the PEARL WHITENER tablets, located under 'speacial products', on skinbleaching.net. I've been using them for just under a month now, and have noticed significant lightening in my skin. I am confused though, as I am using CLEAR ESSENCE body lotions which could be responsible for this lightening. Who knows? I will continue to use these pills for another month, & definitely keep all posted on my progress.
    GOD BLESS :rolleyes:

Oct 22, 2005, 02:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenophon
    No i think the soaps COULD be perfect for me. They could make my skin red. Thats what i want i think. Im not so dark so its ok. Its a you know
    "greek skin color". Where do you live? I think in the US dont you? I live in germany. Dont know if here the asia shops have something like soaps.

Dont know asia shops at all :D
    I will have a look.
    How do the soaps work on your skin? Of which origin are you??

thanks a lot dimples
    Hey... Sorry to hear that Asian shops are hard to find in Germany. Anyway, if you do have Asian friends, have them buy for you. I have used YSA soap for a month now & its nice. Since I have lightened from glutathione, the freckles have become obvious but now, its become a tad lighter so I am not complaining. :D I have like 12 bars left & I intend to purchase more when I run out.Honestly, I am disappointed that people say glutathione did not work for them. Maybe the dosage is incorrect because it really did work for me & I have used it for 2 months & a week yet. The results are not overnight though. People I know have noticed the change & so did I so I am thinking of using it for maintenance. The price is reasonable with the benefits I have been getting. I used to not be able to see the bluish hints of veins on both hands but now that I am lighter, I am sure blood letting would not be a problem for me now! Lol. :p

Oct 22, 2005, 02:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by socalstudios
    what brand is the soap you are using dimples.
    i need to get me some suntan lotion, and what is the deal with makari.

I herd milk n water mixed is good for your skin too, anyone hear of that. Ordered a book on glutathione at barnes n nobles so imma peep that in few days n come back if find anything else. I rely think for gluta to work u need to be like light brown or have atleast been light brown/yellow/white as a kid. My face n forearms are mid brown but my body legs is like yellow and as a kid i had good pigmentation. I think some ppl are really dissapointed in gluta because they are naturally black and are trying to jump to white. Ain't going to happen. Dimples you being filipino is brown but chinese n spanish is white so you have a good shot. Xeno u being persian most likely also have a good shot. 2 shades in 2 months is not bad, keep it up for a year u might jump 4 shades hopfully permanent and u are seeing results as your skin is smooth now. Which gluta are you using and how much.
    Yup. I have tried that too. Milk bath like 5 years ago. I heard movie stars do that too. It smoothens the skin but I did not notice any whitening effect. I stopped because I feel bad using something that children from other parts of the world are deprive of on my body, just for vanity's sake. :( I do not think glutathione can make very drastic changes in skin color. The most it can do perhaps would be 4 shades as a friend of mine claims her best friend used it for nearly a year now & is already 4 shades lighter.I don't know for sure as I am still on the second month & no better gauge than yourself, right? I have been using Dr. James for 1 month & 3 weeks as It would come out cheaper when you are needing high doses. My sister tried Tathione which is from Japan & she got no result. Maybe the glutathione content is way too low so she started Dr James too like me 2 weeks ago & I noticed she has whitened a shade now. Both of us are using YSA soap for a month now. The cost would be much less if you have relatives in the Philippines who can buy it for you rather than buy online. Sellers online are nuts to charge so much as these are supermarket items not exclusively found in specialty shops.
    chick1234 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Oct 22, 2005, 04:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dimples
    Do not expect miracle from all this glutathione loca. I have been using it for 2 months & 2 days now & I have only lightened 2 shades so it is much less than expected. The perks are of course, smoother & softer skin with less blemishes & it is the primary reason I am still using it. I would say it is an excellent skin supplement, not that much of a whitener.
    About whitening soaps, I think you should check out your local Asian stores. I know they have these on their shelves. I have been using them for a long time now shifting from one kind to another more for experimental reasons. Hehe. Buying it through the net is not wise since they charge so much & the prices are sometimes 5 times their original price.

Hey, am new to sit, justed wanted to say hi to everyone. Also dimples what website did u order the glutathinoe Ioca from? Thanks in advance
    DKNY Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2005, 03:03 AM
    Hi Guys

The search for the skin lightening Solution continues!!

Just when I thought glutathione would be the solution, guys prove me otherwise. I am now totally lost and I was just about to make an order, Sexy Rhia had convinced me but now……………….

O.k so we know Michael Jackson is totally to the extreme of skin lightening and probably spent millions getting it done.

But what about others. Example, look at Eddie Murphy the way he looked at the time of Beverly Hills Cop and look at him today - Totally different. What about Beyonce and a lot of these other artists and actors and actresses what did they use??

There must be an affordable solution??

I have seen a lot of black women using a chemical called diprosone which is quite costly and can be quite damaging to the skin. They don’t use it on their whole bodies and usually concentrate on face and arms leaving their legs remaining dark it looks horrible. But at least it makes the skin lighter fast. Isn’t there something safe and that works??

Maybe we need to contact a skin doctor and ask him to give his views on all this?
    In fact that’s what I am going to do.

Someone come up with the goods here.
    DKNY Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2005, 03:06 AM
    There are many kind of chemical peels. Many different kinds like glycolic acid, trichloroacetic acid, salicylic acid, lactic acid, or carbolic acid (phenol). The lighter ones(less percentage) can be done at home and only reach the superficial outer layers of the skin. These will help your skin lightening creams work better. Then there are the stronger peels(higher percentage) that are done in your derms or surgeons office. Some are not recommended for dark skin because of risk of hyperpigmentation, so it's important to see someone professional.

Microdermabasion is like a "polisher" that a dr/tech uses with a cream with oxide crystals which stimulate new cell growth and collagen.

It's not a one time thing and needs a series of treatments. The surgeons are right, you're not going to change your color like Michael J. but with consistent treatments you will see lightening.
    How Much would this cost? Sounds like it would cost a fortune!!

Oct 27, 2005, 09:49 AM
    My first order was from Kazumi but he was not giving enough discounts even for bulk orders thus I ordered from magic-potions.com. From all my research on the net, hearsays, etc, I think they had the best deals as discounts are given for bulk orders. But do research more as someone out there might be able to lower the price even more. ;) & keep me posted when that happens.

Oct 28, 2005, 12:04 AM
    DKNY, which are you talking about on cost? Many vary from salons or doctor's office. If you're on a budget, you can always try the do it at home methods.

Dimples, so then what is your verdict? Is glutathione whitening your skin?

Oct 28, 2005, 07:46 AM
    DKNY, which are you talking about on cost? Many vary from salons or doctor's office. If you're on a budget, you can always try the do it at home methods.

Dimples, so then what is your verdict? Is glutathione whitening your skin?
    Yup. I can honestly say it did whiten me two shades. But that is it so far. If you are planning to go 5 shades or something like that, I think you would just be disappointed. But on a good note, it does make your skin very nice so I would recommend it.

Oct 28, 2005, 08:10 AM
    Hey Dimples have you got a Yahoo or msn messenger? I would love to chat with you and talk more intense about that whole case?

Oct 28, 2005, 08:15 AM
    Sure. I will just PM you my email ad. :)
    jetblack Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2005, 02:32 AM
    Confused state
    Hi Buddies,
    I've been rading through these forum since few days and finds many contradictive statements
    Regarding the products.

Let me share my true personal experience.

I am of Indian Origin my skin color is dark Brown on my face(Due to years of Sun exposure) and 2 shades lighter body color.

In 1993 I had used a cream called Cleartone and my skin color
    Became 4 shades lighter means effectively 2 more shades lighter than my
    Original skin color.Was enjoying this new confidence for 2 years
    But unfortunately this cream was banned all over the world from 1995 end.

My craving for white skin made me try a lot of products but the companies
    Were cheating me like many of us on this net.Some products made me lighter
    Just for a week then effect was reverse my skin texture was damaged
    And I was disappointed and frustrated.

Finally I read about hydroquinone and tried a cream called
    Eldopaque Forte 4 % for 2 months and I had noticeable difference in my skin tone.
    People told me that I started looking handsome and fresh.
    I would say that my face color were 2 shades lighter( means back to my body color) and
    I was quite happy with this.But later I discontinued the use since I was afraid
    To continue Hyrdoquinone for longtime.

Now I am using ZA True whitening essence with Vitamin C,it is effective in evening out skin tone and over all texture but no visible whitening effects as such the earlier
    Products I were using.

I am now seriously investigating on Gluthathione Pills.But my worries are

1)There is no proper evidence of a successful whitening from anybody.

2)Most of the guys who claim to have an effect seem to be contradictive in
    Statements and also looks like fake sellers who want to cheat the
    White skin seekers to hell.

3)I have serious doubt in internal whitening in the uniformity of whitening we can achieve.
    Even though Gluth Pills may help to whiten ,what is the guarantee that it would whiten
    Evenly.. on our skin may be it whitens our skin like patches... and we end up in
    God damn vitilgo..

Most of the time I have my skin shades switching from 1 shade light and 1 shade dark with
    These bloody creams in the market someone just save me...

I am currently in Singapore and hunting for some products which would asctually whiten skin.

So please buddies let us make this a group effort and help ourselves to find a
    True soloution to our problems.Please share your experiences with a true heart and not with a cunning business mind a group of souls are spending a lot of money and
    Time just to get a little bit of white.

Best regards,
    JetBlack.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Skin lightening pills [ 3 Answers ]

I have a very uneven skin tone (by that I mean some parts are dark while others are light). I really want to lighten it up to an even tone, are skin lightening pills dangerous to use for this purpose? I'm a 20 year old black female. Are there any long term side effects?

Do Skin Lightening Pills work? [ 13 Answers ]

I'm currently using hydroquinone 10% and it's working fine but I was going to order some skin lightening pills so I can lighten a little faster. Before I get into those, I wanted to know has anyone had experience with skin lightening pills & what were your results. Thanks.

Skin Lightening Pills [ 4 Answers ]

What's up with skin lightening pills? Are they any good? How well do they work? And what are the best ones?

Skin Lightening Pills: Do they work and How Long does it take to show results? [ 25 Answers ]

Hello... Im Treyce, a Media Anchorperson and of Indian descent... I am looking for an effective skin whitening product to help me even out my dull skintone and give me a brighter/lighter and more radiant complexion. I recently (3 months exactly) been rigidly taking a particular brand's Whitening...

Skin Lightening Pills That Really Work [ 5 Answers ]

Hi I would like to know if there are any skin lightening pills that really work and were I could buy them :

View more questions Search