Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Brownsugar Posts: 36, Reputation: 1

Dec 25, 2005, 02:23 PM
    Reply spyyder
    Wow I think you might be right! I always thought that there was nothing really out there that can lighten skin I think I'm going to take your advise and make a homemade skin lightner its cheaper any way:D
    Pale White Skin Posts: 93, Reputation: 1

Dec 26, 2005, 12:52 AM
    "Use white/flesh colored food coloring - Ok this is just a THEORY! I think that if you use food coloring (whiter colored) on you skin every day then your skin should be tinted white!"

^^^ Haha should I try this? Buy a bunch of white food color pack and put it all over my skin or my face at least and see if it works? Hmm :confused:
    gold3509 Posts: 202, Reputation: 4

Dec 26, 2005, 02:19 PM
    Page 57 people talk about benoquin and there a link to a picture of a girl who became white using benoquin. She talks about using benoquin but suffer for 2 year with blotches skin vitligo she was determine to become completely white. She obviously didn't care about the vitiligo look she just wanted to be white. She talks about people thinking she got burn or having vitiligo and went along with it. Since she didn't want people thinking she was bleaching her skin. To each it own .
    jacki1982 Posts: 58, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2005, 09:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by gold3509
    Hearing people say so many different ways on how you should be taking L- glutathione is so confusing..

I am taking 3000 mg of L-glutathione a day and 6,000 mg of vitamin C a day

double the vitamin C.

can someone confirm is this correct?

Yup. That's correct
    Lady C Posts: 45, Reputation: 1

Dec 29, 2005, 05:56 AM
    The makari exfoliate soap should be the best option is your saying exfoliating will make the skin lighter (spyyder)... what other creams are helping everybody apart from makari and whiterskin?

Dec 29, 2005, 08:11 AM
    Lady c
    Spyyder is not the best person to ask about the skin cream... This is the same guy that thinks Hydroquinone make your skin dark after 4 months if you keep using it and that is not true.

Dec 29, 2005, 11:40 AM
    Hahahaha! That sucks. Trust me on this with experience, I use glutathione and some skin whitening lotion. With the skin whitening, I only saw it that prevented my skin from getting darker or a tan. But when I aded glutathione in the picture, my skin started to glow and became so much lighter

Dec 29, 2005, 12:02 PM
    Thanks gold
    Jacki, may I ask what ethnicity are you? And how light have u gotten? And what skin lightening lotion are you using?
    Xenophon Posts: 27, Reputation: 1

Dec 29, 2005, 03:00 PM
    dimples have you got any news for me?? :o
    Skinwhite Posts: 77, Reputation: 6

Dec 29, 2005, 07:06 PM
    Your dermatologist allows you to use 6% hydroquinone for a year?? What skin condition do you have, that he/she is allowing this??

Not only is hydroquinone cytotoxic, but also prolonged use of hydroquinone will thicken collagen fibers damaging the connective tissues. The result is rough blotchy skin leaving it with a spotty appearance. Not to mention thinning of the skin, and exogeneous onchrosis as possible results.

Your skin may look all wonderful while you are using it, but just wait when you stop. You will get a new set of problems, not only for your skin, but organs damaged too. Please talk further to your dermatologist or get a second opinion about this.

I think Spyder had some practical advice!!

Dec 29, 2005, 09:58 PM
    Skin white
    Spyyer don't have any good advice OK!! Hydroquinone does not make your skin dark after using it for 4 months like spyyer is talking about OK!! So spyyer does not have good information on skin products spyyer is a fair skin KID look like he's 18 years old or younger trying to school people on stuff he has no idea about...

What I don't understand about spyyder is... he has white skin he looks like a white kid to me. But he said that he is mexican.. why would someone with his complexion want to use lightning products... and than he made comment which I thought was very racist saying those people are Black and are black as hell.

Some people do get side effects from hydroquinone but not every one. But that the chance people take.

People smoke cigarette and there's risk in that!. people still smoke regardless..
    scorpio101 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 29, 2005, 11:23 PM
    Skinwhite
    Quote Originally Posted by Skinwhite
    Your dermatologist allows you to use 6% hydroquinone for a year??????? What skin condition do you have, that he/she is allowing this?????

Not only is hydroquinone cytotoxic, but also prolonged use of hydroquinone will thicken collagen fibers damaging the connective tissues. The result is rough blotchy skin leaving it with a spotty appearance. Not to mention thinning of the skin, and exogeneous onchrosis as possible results.

Your skin may look all wonderful while you are using it, but just wait when you stop. You will get a new set of problems, not only for your skin, but organs damaged too. Please talk further to your dermatologist or get a second opinion about this.

I think Spyder had some practical advice!!!

Before I went to this dermatogist I had severe problem with pimples, I had cystic pimples all over my face. People have told me that perhaps chemical peels might help. I have visited several esthetician in my area and had 6 series of glycolic peels done on my face, microdermabration, and went to the extreme by getting a TCA peel. None of them helped and the last procedure ruined my face/skin. Yes indeed the pimples were gone but it resulted to scaring and made my skin dark and uneven. This is when I decided to seek help from a dermatogist. He started by getting a skin analysis and then put me in 3 "soft touch laser" treatment (done weekly) this procedure made my skin a little lighter. After the 3rd "soft touch" is when he prescribed the cream. I've read from forums about the effect of longtime use of hydroquinone and brought it to his attention. He said there's a lot of misconception about hydroquinone. Proper care and correct guidance from a professional will eliminate these problem. I really trust my dermatogist, he had helped hundreds of people and I'm sure he will not last in that business if he doesn't know what he's doing. I'm still under his care and do skin maintenance by having a "cool touch laser" treatments once a month to minimize the size of my pore and to reduce the appearance of wrinkles and this also reduce the appearance of scars that resulted from the TCA peel and from my pimples. He by the way specializes in laser treatment.

Dec 31, 2005, 11:40 AM
    Spyyder PLease!!
    Here we go again spyyder and his so called information spyyder get it in your head Hydroquinone DOES NOT DARKEN YOUR SKIN AFTER 4 MONTH GET IT TOGETHER OK!! You got it back ward. When you stop using the cream is when your skin goes back to it natural color OK!!

STOP FEEDING PEOPLE INFORMATION ON STUFF YOU DON'T HAVE ALL THE ANSWER too..

PEOPLE BEEN USING HYDROQUINONE FOR YEARS AND THERE SKIN HAS NOT GOTTEN DARK FROM USING IT TOO MUCH. SO STOP IT!.

Dec 31, 2005, 11:52 AM
    Spyyder
    Oh hydroquinone isn't illegal in the U.S you said that any thing more than 2% percent is illegal you are so incorrect! HYdroquinone is being sold over the counter for 3% in many beauty supply stores so get it together spyyder!. and some places you can get the 4 % hydroquinone. Anything higher yes you get it from your skin doctor.

Spyyder I understand you are doing some research on things but you don't know it all like you think you do.

A lot of your information are incorrect... what ever dermatologist you claim you get your information from is stupid!

They don't know sh%t about black skin...

Dec 31, 2005, 02:18 PM
    Spyyder
    I never said I didn't use it silly goose!! :p this site is basically for people of color. I thought people like you go to tanning forum to talk about tanning there skin to get a little darker. When posting your comment or answers on things you should say this is for fair skin people who want to remove freckles, sun spots that what people with your skin color use it for. From your picture you don't look like a mexican kid at all you look like a preppy white kid.

So you are assuming there are nothing but fair skin people on this forum you are so wrong many of us on this forum are african american.

Dec 31, 2005, 10:02 PM
    What are possible side effects of hydroquinone? It's only found in what cream?

Jan 3, 2006, 11:18 PM
    I agree hydroquinone is not for everybody but everyone is not effected by it. It's like eating pizza if your allergic to pizza you don't eat it anymore. If your allergic to foundation you don't put it on any more.

I been taking my L-gluthanione for almost a month now.. I wondering if it starting to work cause my face looks lighter than it ever has. I been using the lighting cream and taking the L-gluthanione. I been using the same skin cream for months before taking the L-gluthanione and my skin didn't get as light as it is now. So I am thinking the L-gluthanione is working but works better when using a lighting cream with it. The skin on my body is still the same color which I don't like I guess cause I don't put the lighting cream on my body. So I need to find a skin cream for my body. If anybody can recommend some good soap and cream to use that would help please tell me.?

I also heard that it is harder to lighten the body cause the skin is thicker..

Jan 4, 2006, 12:25 PM
    Congrats! Gold,

I use hypercreme on my body. I've managed to lighten my body by 3 shades but lost the results due to it being expensive to maintain so now I'm brown again. I've started lightening again with makari whitening soap and hypercreme that's what lighten me before, just need to maintain the results... where do you buy your l-gluthione from? What sort of complexion do you have now, is it natural looking?

Jan 4, 2006, 02:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady C
    congrats! gold,

i use hypercreme on my body. I've managed to lighten my body by 3 shades but lost the results due to it being expensive to maintain so now i'm brown again. I've started lightening again with makari whitening soap and hypercreme that's what lighten me before, just need to maintain the results...where do you buy your l-gluthione from? what sort of complexion do you have now, is it natural looking?

I got my L-gluthione from Prism medical.com my natural complexion is brown but now it carmel color complexion yes it looks natural looking.. as a kid growing up my complexion was a carmel complexion but as I got older my skin got darker. So now I have the complexion back that I had as a kid.

Where do you buy your hypercreme for the body from? it just looks weird to have light face with dark hands when I put my hands to my face you see two different skin tone my face is light my hands is dark.. so I need something to help me lighten my body out too to match my face.

Thanks for your reply Lady C

Jan 5, 2006, 11:31 AM
    Skin white
    Hey skinwhite

Thanks for the information I'll check it out.. thanks a lot!!

I live in the U.S.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Skin lightening pills [ 3 Answers ]

I have a very uneven skin tone (by that I mean some parts are dark while others are light). I really want to lighten it up to an even tone, are skin lightening pills dangerous to use for this purpose? I'm a 20 year old black female. Are there any long term side effects?

Do Skin Lightening Pills work? [ 13 Answers ]

I'm currently using hydroquinone 10% and it's working fine but I was going to order some skin lightening pills so I can lighten a little faster. Before I get into those, I wanted to know has anyone had experience with skin lightening pills & what were your results. Thanks.

Skin Lightening Pills [ 4 Answers ]

What's up with skin lightening pills? Are they any good? How well do they work? And what are the best ones?

Skin Lightening Pills: Do they work and How Long does it take to show results? [ 25 Answers ]

Hello... Im Treyce, a Media Anchorperson and of Indian descent... I am looking for an effective skin whitening product to help me even out my dull skintone and give me a brighter/lighter and more radiant complexion. I recently (3 months exactly) been rigidly taking a particular brand's Whitening...

Skin Lightening Pills That Really Work [ 5 Answers ]

Hi I would like to know if there are any skin lightening pills that really work and were I could buy them :

View more questions Search