Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SadieCole Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2016, 08:28 PM
    My Dog is acting weird she's panting, pacing, restless and looks scared. :-(
    Panting, fast heart beat, restless and packing back and forth in a small area. She looks scared almost as if she saw a ghost.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 1, 2016, 08:47 PM
    How old is she? Have you taken her to a vet?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Aug 2, 2016, 04:34 AM
    What do you mean 'pacing in a small area'. Do you have her confined? Animals don't react that way if they 'see something', and I do believe they have that ability. How old is she ?

Of course, very difficult to give you advice if we cant see what is going on and only go by your description. If you think there is something wrong with her, take her to the vet and have her checked over.
    Luna Whitewolf Posts: 9, Reputation: 3

Aug 2, 2016, 11:18 AM
    Panting, fast heartbeat and pacing are signs of anxiety. Unfortunately there isn't enough information to help... has this been going on for a while? My dog pants and paces when she needs water and a walk... she paces when she needs to use the bathroom but the heart rate only increases at times of excitement or when she went for a big walk... this could be a medical condition and your dog needs to be checked. If she's in a confined space this could be stressing her out... dogs need to stretch and get plenty of water, food, walks and love... if this is happening try those things... breed and age would help answer but if we don't get the information then you need to get her/him checked.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Aug 2, 2016, 02:37 PM
    Yes. Luna. Would like the OP to come back and explain a bit further. Sometimes though they just drop the questions, we take our time and knowledge and they come back and read and never respond again. Sad, but true. Especially when an animal is involved.

Tick
    Luna Whitewolf Posts: 9, Reputation: 3

Aug 2, 2016, 02:44 PM
    That's unfortunate :(
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Aug 29, 2016, 01:15 PM
    Great advice Luna, and very well thought out post. Welcome to the site. Sadly Tickle is right, most times we never hear back from the original poster, they just move on to more sites asking the same question and hoping that someone will tell them something other than "go to the vet", which no one can really do.

Glad to have you on board. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My dog has been acting anxious lately and panting a lot. [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, my dog has been acting anxious lately and panting a lot. This "episode" seems to subside when I take her out for a walk. But, as soon as we get back into the house this starts all over again. Also, if I leave she is showing signs of anxiety by crying and scratching the door- which she has...

Dog is panting restless anxious [ 1 Answers ]

Whys my 2 yr old dog Penny panting shaking acting restless and nervous for no good reason? Im really nervous for her and I don't know how to calm her down.:confused:

Yellow Lab is constantly panting heavy, burping, and pacing. [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 6 year old female yellow labrador (spayed) and lately she has been panting a lot, and acting as if she has either a hairball stuck in her throat or just can't catch her breath. Also, some days she will just lay on her bed most of the day and other days she will pace around like she is...

Dog is panting, restless, nervous, ears back? [ 14 Answers ]

my 2 yr old caring terrier just randomy started acting very strange today. Panting, shaky, nervous, ears down, won't leave our sides... wants to be on the couch only, if we leave the couch, he stays but paces and whines... constant need to be petted, pacing turning circles, won't lay, or eat, have...

My dog is panting, excessive drooling, whining, acting like his back end hurts. Help! [ 2 Answers ]

I took him to the vet yesterday and he seems to think he may have hurt his back. He gave me some anti-inflammatory medicine to give to him before we go with the x-ray option. I've given him two pills and he seems to still be the same. He's drinking water, eating somewhat normal and going to the...

View more questions Search