Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wahpu Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2016, 12:48 PM
    Section pagination and document pagination in same header or footer?
    Let's say I have a 100-page document with multiple sections. The footer of each section needs to indicate TWO page numbers: the SECTION page, and the page number within the ENTIRE document.

So if Section 1 has 7 pages, the pagination would have to include "Page 1 of 7".
    If Section 2 has 10 pages, the pagination would have to state "Page 1 of 10"
    etc.

At the same time, IN THE SAME FOOTER, there has to be information on the position of the page in the ENTIRE document.

So if the entire document were 100 pages, the Section 1 footer would say

Page 1 of 7 Total document page 1 of 100

The Section 2 footer would say

Page 1 of 10 Total document page 8 of 100

I have searched Google high and low but have not found an answer. And yet I see documents (PDFs unfortunately, not the Word documents themselves) that DO have this multiple pagination. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Check out some similar questions!

How to integrate pagination system [ 1 Answers ]

So I have the readdir() and a while loop to loop through the contents like this <?php $directory = 'games'; $row=0; if ($handle = opendir($directory.'/')) { echo '<table border="1">'; while ($cat = readdir($handle)) { if ($cat!='.'&&$cat!='..'&&$cat!='index.php') {...

Where could I be going wrong in this Oracle PHP pagination? Table not populating [ 0 Answers ]

<?php /* Connection string to Oracle view */ /* user is patients */ /* password is patients */ $conn=oci_connect('patients','patients','192.168.1.100/hosecare'); /* Query expected to do pagination and get records */ $qry="select * from (select a.*, ROWNUM rnum ...

I bought my house on section eight he is on my morage and deed he don't have section [ 2 Answers ]

The section eight vocher I bought the house with is in my name he wasn't suppose to be on the deed I am on the mortgage first and my name first on the deed

I only see my header and not my footer. [ 1 Answers ]

WHEN I PULL UP MY WEBSITE IN MY BROWSER, THEY ONLY SEE IS MY HEADER AND NOT MY FOOTER. THIS IS MY INTEX.HTML IN MY WEBSITE FOLDER.... <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> <html...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.