Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RJackson4016 Posts: 54, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2016, 05:05 PM
    My Screen Keeps Blanking Out on My Laptop
    I have a Dell laptop with Window 7 and my monitor has started blanking out on me with no advance sign at all and I have to reboot to get it back up.

If an audio or video is playing, the sound continues until it reboots. I try updating my display adapter but it said: "Windows has determined the driver software for your device is up to date"

Does anybody know what I need to do to correct this? My Bios is A10
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Aug 1, 2016, 03:05 PM
    It could be the power supply for your screen. Depending on the age of the laptop you may need a new bulb / power supply.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Aug 1, 2016, 06:28 PM
    Windows 7? No support from Microsoft anymore.
    RJackson4016 Posts: 54, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2016, 02:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ma0641 View Post
    Windows 7? No support from Microsoft anymore.
    No that's XP
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 6, 2016, 03:15 PM
    Overheating? As computers get more closely packed into a case, the power supply gets blazing hot. All my Dells did, including the one I have now, which is a 2-in-1.
    I have a fan aimed at the back and one aimed at the front.
    Without both of them, it dies.
    Even in winter, if the sun hits it, I have to shield it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My Computer Screen Keeps Blanking Out [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Dell laptop (D620), and my monitor has started blanking out on me with no advance sign at all and I have to reboot to get it back up. If an audio or video is playing, the sound continues until it reboots. Once it reboots a page with a button to resume appears to click on and then the...

My laptop screen suddenly started shaking and one line appears on the screen [ 1 Answers ]

Mu laptop screen started shaking & some double thin line appears on the top of the screen, I am really scared of that... so many insects move around my laptop most of the time, can anyone please suggest me what can I do to stop screen shaking & remove the lines from screen??

Laptop shows blank screen with curson at log on screen [ 1 Answers ]

The other night my Dell Inspiron Laptop worked fine. The next morning I tred to log on, so I clicked the power button, and once I got to the administrator log on screen I got just a black screen with an operating cursor. I cannot get past this screen. I tried restarting in safe mode which has the...

Use a new laptop with a cracked screen on a old laptop [ 2 Answers ]

I have a HP pavilion laptop running windows vista with a cracked screen but everything else works fine. I also have an old sony vaio laptop running windows xp. Is it possible to gut and remove everything from the old sony vaio and transfer the operating system, hard drive, memory, etc from the...

Laptop screen repair? Useful life of a laptop? [ 3 Answers ]

I have an IBM Thinkpad X40. Have had it for 3 years Spilt liquid on the screen a while ago and now, although the screen works still, it has a kind of mottled tidemark effect and is dark in places (can also see where drops of water are permanently "stuck" behind the screen). Is this fixable?...

View more questions Search