Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BHEIRD Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2007, 05:33 PM
    Replacing Trane Baystat240 with Honeywell RTH3100c
    I have recently acquired a residence that had a much older HA/C unit. The thermostat is a TRANE Baystat240 (3AAT80B1A1). Up till now it worked well. Recently both the heat and air were blowing at the same time. Go figure! LOL. I have recently attempted to replace the thermostat with a Honeywell RTH3100C.

The TRANE has the following wires:
    R
    T
    O
    G
    Y
    X2
    B
    W

The Honeywell has the following connectors:
    E
    AUX
    Y
    G
    O
    L
    R
    B
    C (optional w/ batteries)

I have connected the Honeywell in the following fashion, but it still is not working:

TRANE Wiring = Honeywell Wiring
    R = R
    T = (not used)
    O = O
    G = G
    Y = Y
    X2 = E
    B = C
    W = Aux

The Question:
    What am I doing wrong? I have tried to call Honeywell and ask for help, but I keep getting hung up on when they switch me to live assistance.
    what's happening is I am getting no action at all by my system. It's the weekend now, and if I call a pro... I'll definitely pay the price. Could someone show me the proper way to wire this thermostat up? Is there a reset button on the blower and/or compressor?

Thank You ahead of time, for anyone willing to assist me.
    Brent
    T-Top Posts: 1,871, Reputation: 100
    Ultra Member

Apr 14, 2007, 06:44 PM
    If the heat was on with the a/c with the old and new T-stat, I would say you have a stuck heat sequencer in the fan coil unit. Your wiring looks right for the T-stat change out.
    JackT Posts: 260, Reputation: 19

Apr 14, 2007, 08:12 PM
    I don't believe you can hook B on to the new C. Trane uses B to control a heating damper and C is the common side of the transformer. I believe your new thermostat requires both R & C (24 volts supply) and the old one didn't. You may be able to use the B wire by connecting it to C in the air handler section.
    T-Top Posts: 1,871, Reputation: 100
    Ultra Member

Apr 14, 2007, 09:35 PM
    I'm not the expert with the trane system but for what its worth I would say O - reversing valve, Y- compressor, X2- emergency heat, W- aux heat, B- common, G- blower, R- 24 volt power. Sounds like you have the older two stage heat one stage cooling mercury bulb stat.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replacing Honeywell T8411R with Honeywell RTH7500 - wiring problems [ 1 Answers ]

I need help getting my new, programmable thermostat to work. I currently have a dual-stage Heat Pump and A/C unit that works fine. The current thermostat is the Honeywell T8411R. I don't know the number for the subbase, but it's the one that came with the thermostat. The current (operational)...

Replacing old heat pump thermostat with Honeywell RTH3100C [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Rheem heat pump with auxiliary and emergency heat. My current thermostat is a Seco TA-2000 with the following wiring configuration: B W2 X R G and a piece of wire connected between E and W2. There's also an orange wire that's not connected to the thermostat. The Honeywell manual does not...

A different Honeywell RTH3100C installation question - W2 wire? [ 1 Answers ]

"What to do with the W2 (and maybe W1) wire?" I am replacing an old Payne thermostat that controlled a heat pump system which provides heating and cooling, along with "emergency heat". The new unit is a Honeywell RTH3100C. I labeled all the wires as I removed the wires that were attached to...

Honeywell RTH3100c Wiring Question [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Goodman 5 ton 13 seer heat pump. We have a pre-existing heating unit (electric) that is to be used for just Emergency heat. I connected all the wires, but there was a question that came up. The manual said that if the old thermostat had w1, w2 and why wires, I need to contact a heating...

BAYSTAT240 to Honeywell TH8320 Conversion [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to switch my BAYSTAT240 thermostat to a Honeywell vision pro 8000 (TH8320U1008). My old settings were: O: Orange G: Green Y: Yellow X2: Connected to white along with W B: Blue W: (jumpered to U): White

View more questions Search