Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rsl7253 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2016, 04:20 PM
    How to relocate a diningroom chandelier to center of room in modular home?
    We just purchase a relative new manufactured home in a park. The dining room chandelier is not centered like it should be in the dining area. It needs to move toward the center of the room about 18 inches give or take a few.

It is impossible to get up into the attic of the home, so how do we move the light box and string wire that much farther from the wall in order to reinstall the light?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 31, 2016, 04:32 PM
    It all depends on your specific manufactured home.

I've seen them with vaulted ceilings with NO attic at all. The ones I have seen would ALL be significantly more difficult then a home built conventionally.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jul 31, 2016, 04:32 PM
    I'm a 70 year old woman, non electrician. I moved a dining room light by putting a longer hanging cord on it, and putting a decorative hook in the ceiling, making sure it could take the weight according to the packaging, and making sure it was installed in a ceiling joist. I didn't even turn off the power to the light, even though I had to connect the wires with wire nuts to the wires in the ceiling box. (That light is the only thing that box and switch are used for.)

If it's a heavy light fixture, hire someone to make sure it's done right!
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 31, 2016, 04:40 PM
    I like joypulv's solution... its more likely to be accomplished successfully by the average homeowner.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Selling a modular home [ 5 Answers ]

We owe more than the home is worth and want out what is the best way to do this without just foreclosing? By owner, through a realitor? We are not sure where to start.

I want to relocate my bathroom to an ajacent room. [ 6 Answers ]

Hello, I have a home built in the 50's. A frame home with a 2 to 3 foot crawl space under wood flooring. I want to enlarge the kitchen into the ajacent bathroom and move the bathroom into an ajacent bedroom. The cast iron drain or vent is currently between the kitchen and bathroom. I am removing...

Modular home [ 1 Answers ]

I'm trying to find a bathroom ceiling light to work with my existing fan, the opening in the ceilling is 7.5" x 7.5" and will the existing wiring to the fan be OK to power up the light

How do I wire eight arms to the center stem of a chandelier? [ 5 Answers ]

I have a new glass and silver chandelier, styled after a gasolier, that was shipped dismantled. I can reassemble the parts, but don't know how to rewire the arms to the center stem. All the wires are clear plastic, (they look like standard twinned lamp wire, not heavy gauge or anything special),...

View more questions Search