Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jul 30, 2016, 05:22 PM
    Paint job
    Daughter owns a Toyota Camry... 05. It has about 150K miles on it. The paint, which is white, is fairly dull. As far as I can tell, it has no clear coat on it. Will getting it waxed help get some shine back to it?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 30, 2016, 07:07 PM
    Absolutely impossible to venture a guess without actually seeing it in person.

One however can not polish a turd. It really does depend completely on how oxidized the paint is now. Its possible it can be buffed out, its also possible its too far gone.

But it WILL take a lot more than a simple coat of wax in any case.
    Uber Member

Jul 31, 2016, 06:11 AM
    What's the right place to take it? Body shop? Can a car detailer do this?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 31, 2016, 07:22 AM
    Auto detailer would probably be cheaper than a body shop. But I would recommend getting an estimate from both before proceeding. Both should have had a lot of experience doing this... but the edge might be on the body shop on the experience side.

Lot of things can go wrong by an inexperienced do-it-yourselfer trying to save a few bucks that will ruin a paint job that could otherwise be saved.

Paint is really pretty thin, and incredibly easy to go too far.
    Uber Member

Jul 31, 2016, 01:28 PM
    OK. Thanks for the advice. I'll let you know how it ends up.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is this too much for a paint job [ 2 Answers ]

I am a painting contractor and had a customer come to me and want me to patch to plug boxes and where the TV was hanging on the wall and paint it. The wall was 20ft high by 20ft long and I told him $400 is that too much

Quote a paint job [ 3 Answers ]

I am new at the quoting part of my business. How do I quote a painting job and still make money?

How to quote a paint job? [ 1 Answers ]

IS it best to charge per sq foot or hourly? I am looking at approx 700 sq feet , two coats, walls and trim.

How Much to Charge for a Paint Job [ 7 Answers ]

I need to know how much to charge for a painting job. The project consist of a ground floor parking. The square feet is 12,450. Please let me know as soon as possible. How much to charge for a project that consist of painting a 12,450 square feet garage. Thank you, Eaguirre

Paint job [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to know how to price a paint job for the interior of a home.thank you.

View more questions Search