Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lpastin Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2016, 09:45 AM
    Can I repair a pinhole leak in toilet h20 feed pex with self fusing pipe repair tape
    I have a pinhole leak in the toilet water feed pex tubing. It's so small, I can flush the toilet 12 times and more without a drip, but after 7 years it dripped occasionally and stained the dry wall. Can I successfully repair this without removing and replacing all the Pex and use self fusing pipe repair tape? Thanks, Laurie
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Jul 29, 2016, 01:11 PM
    Please restate your problem. What you are telling us is not logical. A water supply pipe with pin hole leak would leak all the time. The number of times the toilet is flushed would not have an effect.

The only way flushing the toilet a number of times could create the appearance of a leak in a supply pipe would be if the humidity is quite high and the flow of water in the pipe is cooling the pipe and condensation is occurring.

Tell what you see and if possible show a picture.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jul 29, 2016, 05:24 PM
    What is PEX? Toilet riser pipes are not usually PEX.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jul 29, 2016, 05:30 PM
    It isn't butylene is, the stuff that was outlawed? In use from 1978-95. I used it for everything in 1982 because it was cheap and easy to put fittings on. Mine was grey. More rubbery looking than PEX.
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Jul 29, 2016, 08:12 PM
    PEX is easy to fix. Cut it where the pinhole is, and use SharkBite coupling to reconnect the two ends. Done in 2 minutes

Milo
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Jul 30, 2016, 12:15 AM
    Hi laurie, Please post a picture as Hkstroud suggested it will gave every one an idea where the pinhole leak is once we know than it will be easy and some one will tell you how to fix it, Thanks.

John
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jul 30, 2016, 12:37 PM
    With a "leak" this small I'd consider that it could be condensation during warm weather. Did it ever drip of leak in the winter?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Repair small leak in sewer drain pipe at connection of pipe [ 2 Answers ]

My toilet drain pipe has a small leak where two pipes connect. Is there a way I can repair the connection leak without taking the connection apart?

Repair pinhole leak in toilet tank [ 7 Answers ]

I recently replaced a toilet's flush valve and spud (tank-to-bowl gasket). Now, water droplets form on right and left sides of unglazed underside of toilet tank. They must be from inside tank (as opposed to condensation) 'cause I put dye in the tank water and the droplets are the color of the dye....

Pipe leak on geyzer, how to repair. [ 1 Answers ]

The inlet pipe on my geyzer has a tee junction, one side goes into the geyzer the other ends with a green stop on the top of it. Problem is this is leaking.(the green stop on the top of the pipe) How do I make sure that when I switch off the water and remove this there will be no pressure in the...

View more questions Search