Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bwoo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2016, 09:35 AM
    Can a human egg and sperm be incubated in a monkey?
    If you were to artificially inseminate a human egg with human sperm, then implant that egg in the womb of, say, a chimpanzee, would that egg be able to grow into a human fetus regularly?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 28, 2016, 10:56 AM
    It's certainly highly unethical...
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jul 28, 2016, 11:42 AM
    Unlikely. It's apparently been tried, and failed. There are a few factors that make it unlikely, one being that a chimps incubation period is 7-8 months, where a human is closer to 10 months. Another is the chimps body rejecting a human fetus. Although chimps are very similar to us, there are still many differences, all of which would make it unlikely that this could happen. But unlikely doesn't mean impossible.

Having said that, ethically it would be a nightmare.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Has the sperm already made its way to the egg by the time the gest.sac begans to form [ 24 Answers ]

Hi I'm new to this and very confused. I was wondering how soon after intercourse does the gestational sac first begin to form?

Is conception the actual day the sperm meets the egg and it's now a fetus? [ 11 Answers ]

Need to know if I am 14 weeks pregnant and my conception date is march 30, 2013, then what would have been the days I had sex, to make this baby?

Movie vampire falls in love with a human and eats and drink human food to become human [ 1 Answers ]

Movie about a vampire who falls in love with a human woman and tries to become human by eating and drinking human food

I saw a ghost while frying an egg then the egg turned blood red! [ 6 Answers ]

I was cooking at my fiance's Grandparents old farm house. I was standing at the stove frying eggs and noticed something looking at me from the other room. I looked and saw a shadow like creature disappear behind a wall. I looked back at the pan and the eggs were blood red! I screamed and then...

View more questions Search