Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    terrcc Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2016, 05:28 AM
    Child adandonment
    My friend just found out he has a kid after 8years they where annulled in the u s but the process in the Philippines is slow, she filed abandonment charges against him and had him put in jail, and he has been fighting it for 5 years what can he do, and what is the penalties for this the child is 12 now b
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 28, 2016, 09:16 AM
    I don't think your friend is telling you the whole story... they don't put people in jail for not knowing they have a child. Its also not illegal to NOT see you kids even if they do know... what it sounds like is he lied to you about knowing he had a kid... had actually had a DNA test proving it was actually his... was ordered to pay child support by the court and didn't.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Child receiving SSI as child support payments does the child need to claim on taxex [ 0 Answers ]

My daughter is receiving child support benefits from her father who is on SSI disablity. Will she have to claim this on her tax forms as long as she made under 25,000. For the year. Also will her child support benefits continue as long as she is enrolled in a secondary school.

Will my child support for my child be cut if my child receives a benifiary ssi check [ 2 Answers ]

I am receiving child support for my daughter, her father has recently been approved for ssi disability in Tennessee.he has signed her up for benefits also will my child support be takenm away if she gets a check also from his disability?

Child Support - 2 child living at separate parents - 1 child turning 18 soon. [ 6 Answers ]

I will try not to make this too long but I went through a 3 year court battle with my ex with our 2 kids who are now 17 (Daughter) and 15 (Son). My son has been living with his dad since he was like 9 because I let him. Court battle was dropped due to judge thinking my ex was lying after 3 years...

Can a father of a child force child support on a mother that gave up the child willing [ 13 Answers ]

While my wife and I were split up she got pregnant ( while on the birth control implant). I myself am fixed ( we didn't want anymore kids) and we couldn't afford to have more kids if wanted them. We thought about giving the child up for adoption but it turns out the father wants the child. He...

File adandonment on my ex husband [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 9 year daughter that has not seen nor had any contact with her biological father in over 3 years. He is also $16,699.00 behind in child support. There were 4 payments mad at the beginning of 2008 but once the state found him he quit his job. The state is unable to find him and they...

View more questions Search