Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Chirag1729 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2016, 12:44 AM
    How threads should implement in a desktop screen recorder ?
    Hi, I am interested in developing a desktop screen recorder.

What I have completed is :

1) I have a class which can capture desktop screen and provide you a screenshot.
    2) I do have logic for converting the screenshots captured in a video.
    3) A GUI which can control like start, stop, resume of screen capture.

I know that the next step is to have a thread which will capture the screenshots and the buttons from the GUI will control the screen capturing thread.

The question is : How can I control that screen capturing thread from the GUI class ?

What I have tried and didn't work :
    I made a Recorder class extending Thread class. Now in the run method, an infinite loop is implemented which take screenshot every second.
    GUI have buttons like start, stop, resume. An object of Recorder is created when user clicks start button. On Pause and resume button, wait() and notify() has been applied on the Recorder object.

But this is not working for me. It is giving "java.lang.IllegalMonitorStateException". I might have wrong implementation of the Threads here and might be the approach I am using is wrong. Please anybody will refer the right way to achieve it ?

Any help is appreciated.

Check out some similar questions!

What is the best on screen recorder? [ 4 Answers ]

I'm looking for a high quality on screen recording program to record games. It must work with Sony Vegas Pro 12. Looking for a program like SnagIt 11, only problem is SnagIt 11 doesn't work with Sony.

I can not open my mac desktop screen [ 4 Answers ]

When I turn on my computer it boots up but the screen remains black. What can I do.

Programs that keep appearing on Desktop screen when starting my computer. [ 8 Answers ]

How do I remove program icons and messages that first appear on my Desktop screen when I start-up my computer. Every time I try to delete or turn-off the messages or program icons, they keep coming back. I believe it has to do with what programs are attached to the STARTUP menu. But, don't know...

Control panel display not working or desktop properties and screen flickers [ 5 Answers ]

Um every time I try 2 go into display it doesn't load anything(not even folder) And when I try to got to properties on the desktop it doesn't load anything either and my screen keeps on flickering TELL ME WHAT IS WRONG WITH MY COMPUTER??

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.