Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Neemo14 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 27, 2016, 12:10 PM
    Meeting priority Date in Date of Filling Application (ChartB) of VB - F2B
    Hello,

My mother as permanent resident, applied for my case under F2B (actually was F2A before).
    My priority date is Dec 20, 2010.

I see now that current priority date for August 2016 is January 2010 in application final action date, whereas it is February 2010 in dates for filling visa applications.

That mean my priority date is meeting the date in DATES FOR FILING FAMILY-SPONSORED VISA APPLICATIONS. How important it is to get your date meet in that chart and does it help in the case? What step to take now? And much time is left in case now?

Also, if a person is already in USA on student visa (F1), what step he/she should take if they are in situation I am in (priority date is meeting date of filling visa application)?

Please guide. Would be really thankful to you.
    newacct Posts: 321, Reputation: 21

Jul 27, 2016, 05:46 PM
    I think you meant the "date for filing" is February 2011.

If you are in the US and a visa number becomes available, you could simply apply for Adjustment of Status and not leave the US. However, the chart that is used to determine whether you can file AOS is chosen by USCIS to be either the "final action date" or "date for filing" every month. Right now (and since May 2016), USCIS has chosen the "final action date" for family-based categories. That means you cannot file AOS right now. In April 2016 and before, USCIS used the "date for filing". It's impossible to say what USCIS will choose in a future month. But if they move back to "date for filing" in a future month when you are still here, you will likely be able to file AOS immediately that month.

If you are doing Consular Processing in your home country, then the fact that "date for filing" has passed your priority date means that NVC will probably start contacting you about the process. However, this is not a process that is initiated by you anyway, and there is no action you can take.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to keep old priority date for F3 case [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. My father's brother is US citizen and he petition for my fathers immigration on family base immigration in 2001. So my father is beneficiary. Me, my sister and my mother's name were in petition/application/i-130 form so we are derivative. Now they are going to have an interview in US consulate...

EB2 india approved before priority date [ 0 Answers ]

"Hello, My Eb2 india got approved 15 days before my priority date. what should i do? will it affect my citizenship when i apply after 5 years. Will USCIS know before that?"

Help me write an email about a choice of date for meeting [ 6 Answers ]

Help me write an email about a choice of dates/times for an employee to choose from for a meeting?

F1 , Priority date 27 July 2008 [ 1 Answers ]

I have received a letter dated 30 September 2009 stating my I130 form is approved. My priority date is 27 July 2008 and I'm Family first (F1). How long more do I have to wait?

Meeting turns into a date ? [ 6 Answers ]

Hi I have a question about someone I met. Im a 28 male Friday I met a fun and pretty Female also 28. So she asked a question and we began talking and having a pretty lenthgy conversation... After talking for like 40 minutes she joked around and said I think you should ask for my number... So of...

View more questions Search