Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ALuma2910 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2016, 01:01 PM
    Can someone help me identify the breed of my dog?
    This is my little girl, Marley! She is 50lbs and her personality is hyper, stubborn, but very sweet especially around children (she loves kids)

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...1&l=8bc45d6a7c
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jul 26, 2016, 01:18 PM
    The shade of brown, and especially all the dark around her snout, looks boxer. The rest looks like a hodge podge of retrievers. If she is full grown, I'd say a smaller breed or two in there, because otherwise she might be more like 65 lbs.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 26, 2016, 03:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    The shade of brown, and especially all the dark around her snout, looks boxer. The rest looks like a hodge podge of retrievers. If she is full grown, I'd say a smaller breed or two in there, because otherwise she might be more like 65 lbs.
    Huge feet usually signify more then 65 lbs. Of course OP doesn't let us know how the dog is. Vets can do DNA tests on dogs to determine breed; all said a very handsome animal. Quite possibly a working dog which means lots of exercise; yes stubborn fits. Looks very intelligent and she probably rules the household !
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 26, 2016, 03:25 PM
    The OP says she's 50 lbs.
    ALuma2910 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 27, 2016, 08:36 AM
    Yes she is 50lbs. The lady who had her said she was a boxer/golden retriever mix but, myself and my vet don't seem to think she's got any golden retriever in her or else she would be bigger so I was thinking if it was possible she had pitbull in her? Or maybe Jack Russel? I've also had people tell me she looks part shephard but, not sure on that. I would do DNA test but I can't afford the 130.00

Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    She's fully grown. She will be 2years old in January and her paws aren't that big so I don't think she is going to get that much bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    Huge feet usually signify more then 65 lbs. Of course OP doesn't let us know how the dog is. Vets can do DNA tests on dogs to determine breed; all said a very handsome animal. Quite possibly a working dog which means lots of exercise; yes stubborn fits. Looks very intelligent and she probably rules the household !

Thank you, lol she is very smart believe me! She thinks she rules the house too but that's just because she's spoiled and knows she's my baby but the other 2 are just as ornery lol. (we also have a rottie mix and a doberman)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What breed is this dog? [ 4 Answers ]

Hello guys! I'll need your expertise in this matter.. want to buy one like this.. Any ideas? Please help? http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j464/karlmartin904/whichdogbreedisthis_zps1addc91c.jpg

Dog breed debate. Purebred or Designer breed? [ 20 Answers ]

Since this debate started in another thread, I thought I'd start a new thread to allow members to continue discussing this topic, without continuing to hijack another thread. :) The debate on what makes a dog purebred has been going on for a long time. I'm not the best to explain this, but I'll...

What breed of dog, is my dog Annie? [ 10 Answers ]

Can you help me figure out what kind of dog Annie is? The rescue told me that she was a shepherd mix, but what else? She is the sweetest dog. I have had for over 2 years. She was abused by someone and is terrified of people. She loves other dogs, especially her brother Nicky. It took me over...

What is the breed of this dog? [ 15 Answers ]

She is only four weeks old and we got her from our local animal shelter. She has bowed legs and tiny ears like a bulldog. But she doesn't look like any of the bulldog puppies. She has thick, rather fuzzy, very soft fur.

Can you identify this finch breed? [ 2 Answers ]

My neighbor's cat caught a bird. I know that it was a finch and it had a leg band on so it must have been someone's pet at one time. :( I would like help in identifying it's breed. It was mostly olive-green; bright yellow stripe on it's head with 2 black stripes, one on each side of the yellow...

View more questions Search