Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Charlene_J Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2016, 09:09 PM
    Delayed Menstruation
    Hi, 'm Charlene 21years of age and my menstruation is irregular ever since, I am now more than half a year delayed. I would like to know the possible cause of this. Thanks in advance!
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jul 25, 2016, 03:05 AM
    Ever since when? More than 6 months without menstruating at all?
    Possible causes:
    Hopefully just this one: some women need other menstruating women around to stimulate their own.
    OTHERS
    Poor nutrition, especially lacking iron.
    Extreme athletics
    Unusually slow sex hormone development, (called immaturity of the hypothalamic–pituitary–ovarian axis). Puberty onset can vary a lot, and it can be irregular at first. Age 21 is late though.
    Low thyroid hormone production.
    Medical conditions around the uterus, such as PCOS. Generally you would have pain. One sign might be a fair amount of hair growing above your lip or around your face.

If you can have a doctor give you blood tests and an ultrasound, that would cover some of those. If you are trying to get pregnant, try to be patient, or see a fertility doctor. That can get expensive.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Delayed menstruation [ 2 Answers ]

I had my last period on 5 th June for 4 days. Den of 8th of June after foreplay without intercourse I consumed levonorgestrel 1.5 mg .then I got withdrawal bleed on 13th of June for 3 days.now is 10th June I have still not got period.I am worried.what to do? help.

Delayed menstruation for almost four months! [ 1 Answers ]

I am afraid because my menstration was delayed for four months I am an irregular... but it's already four months.iam afraid because I am thinking why this happen please.help me find ways to get my mnstration back

Does secreting white menstruation mean pregnant before menstruation? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi all, I have been delayed for 1 month and 14 days I got so worried if I am pregnant. I tried using pregnancy test but it indicates a negative sign. These past few days I was secreting white and brown vaginal liquids. Is there a possibility that I am pregnant?? Thanks

Delayed menstruation [ 0 Answers ]

Hi, I'm 32 yr old. Im try to get pregnant and now I'm doing a home pregnancy test because I'm delayed about 3 days. But the result of it is negative. Is it only a delayed menstruation or I need contact my ob gyn doctor?

Delayed menstruation [ 0 Answers ]

I've been delayed for 12 days now. I took a pregnancy test twice yesterday and they were both negative. I'm just wondering what are my chances of being pregnant? I was supposed to have my period on sept. 13 but me and my boyfriend had contact the day before that. We used protection but before we...

View more questions Search