Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    earl237 Posts: 532, Reputation: 57

Jul 22, 2016, 08:05 PM
    Clinton chooses Tim Kaine for Vice President
    A week or two ago I predicted that Hillary Clinton would choose Virginia senator Tim Kaine for Vice President and tonight she did. I think he's the best choice. He'll help win his home state which will make it nearly impossible for Trump to win the election. He's a moderate Democrat, and speaks Spanish. He has one of the best resumes for a vp in recent history.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jul 22, 2016, 08:32 PM
    I guess she thinks Kaine is able . Safe pick for the Dems because now Terry McAuliffe gets to appoint a new Senator .

There was a time not too long ago that Kaine would've been the more conservative choice between him and Trump . But both of them stuck their finger in the political wind and strategically chose to slightly tack in different directions . Besides being a player in a battleground state ,Kaine brings some foreign policy experience that Evita lacks from his time on the Armed Services and Foreign Relations Committee in the Senate.(sarcasm font) .

Liz Warren is pissed . All those attacks on Trump were for naught.

The deciding factor was when Kaine reassured Evita that he knew how to set up n internet server in the bathroom; and how to launder campaign donations through the Clintoon Foundation.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 22, 2016, 08:41 PM
    Elizabeth Warren knew she wouldn't make the cut. She'll fit in better elsewhere. A two-woman ticket would have lost to Carrot Top. And she'll continue to tweet.
    Ultra Member

Jul 23, 2016, 01:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Elizabeth Warren knew she wouldn't make the cut. She'll fit in better elsewhere. A two-woman ticket would have lost to Carrot Top. And she'll continue to tweet.

The blond-haired blue eyed native American slum lord would've been a disasterous pick for Evita . The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau that she created is a rogue agency that should be abolished or at very least overhauled. It wields far too much power ,and is unaccountable to the people's representatives . The President alone can replace the director ,and it get's it's funding from the Fed ,not Congress. IMO it is an unconstitutional agency ;and it is almost soley the brainchild of Warren. CFPB places legislative, executive and judicial power all in the same hands of a single person.....what James Madison called ‘the very definition of tyranny.’ In truth it limits availablilty of credit services to the folks . It treats us like we are incapable of making our own financial decisions .

Kaine is milquetoast ,an unimpressive figure selected so he won't overshadow Evita. That is why she selected him.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 23, 2016, 04:45 AM
    Kaine was a horrible and crooked Governor. Most people in VA were glad we have term limits.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jul 23, 2016, 05:45 AM
    Well then Dilliary and Kaine are well matched
    Ultra Member

Jul 23, 2016, 06:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    Kaine was a horrible and crooked Governor. Most people in VA were glad we have term limits.

Meanwhile the morons in the RNC are attacking Tim Kaine for being too conservative . At 1st I thought this was an article from the satire web site Onion:

https://www.gop.com/meet-tim-kaine/
    earl237 Posts: 532, Reputation: 57

Jul 23, 2016, 07:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    He was apparently very popular as governor, he returned home from a trade mission in Japan after the Virginia Tech shooting and was universally praised. He was chairman of the DNC from 2009-2011 and was elected to the senate in 2012. It sounds to me like you just don't like him personally because he's a Democrat, I couldn't find any evidence to support your claim that he was horrible and crooked.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jul 23, 2016, 07:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by earl237 View Post
    He was apparently very popular as governor, he returned home from a trade mission in Japan after the Virginia Tech shooting and was universally praised. He was chairman of the DNC from 2009-2011 and was elected to the senate in 2012. It sounds to me like you just don't like him personally because he's a Democrat, I couldn't find any evidence to support your claim that he was horrible and crooked.

Here is some evidence to support what has been said as negative.

(quote)

Tim Kaine. The same Tim Kaine who’s administration failed on virtually every one of their revenue projections. The same Tim Kaine who refused to audit VDOT while closing 11 rest areas around the Commonwealth while $1.5 BILLION sat idly in the coffers. The same Tim Kaine who tried to saddle Virginia with a $4.4 BILLION tax increase as he slunk out of Richmond in abject defeat. The same Tim Kaine who’s final budget received ZERO votes from anyone, Republican or Democrat.

Ref:
    https://bearingdrift.com/2012/05/27/...to-this-point/
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 23, 2016, 09:22 AM
    Boy that's unbiased reporting, not surprised the repubs of Virginia would hate a Dem, even if he was a city councilman, mayor, Lt Gov, and presently US Senator. Not to mention former chair of the whole friggin Democratic Party.

https://bearingdrift.com/about/

Facts is the PREZ makes policy, not the VP, Cabinet (including Sec of State). VP is the backup for emergencies.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 23, 2016, 10:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by earl237 View Post
    I live in Virginia and have for over 23 years... and I didn't know ANYONE here that liked him... so its not just me.

He did the very same thing the democrats literally persecuted McDonnell and his wife for doing. Which surprisingly...wasn't against Virginia Law. Yet somehow that never stopped the persecution.

And the Current Gov. Terry McAuliffe is there only by illegal donations and other crooked tricks ( well known here in Virginia) which the Democrat party has proven time and time again...their motto is "By hook or by crook".

And that one rises to prominence in a particular party by less than savory means...and Why the RNC isn't fully behind Trump because HE hasn't "Paid his dues".....

Wikileaks has relased emails proving the DNC sabotaged Sanders bid for office just recently...showing proof the crookedness in politics.

One does not get into long term (in many cases life long) Elected offices for reasons of altruism. They do it from greed for what THEY can get for themselves...

The person who wants to get in, make a difference than get out...are the only ones who merit any trust...the ones who have done little or nothing else...are the ones to be most wary of...irregardless of party affiliation.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jul 23, 2016, 12:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Boy that's unbiased reporting, not surprised the repubs of Virginia would hate a Dem, even if he was a city councilman, mayor, Lt Gov, and presently US Senator. Not to mention former chair of the whole friggin Democratic Party.

https://bearingdrift.com/about/

Facts is the PREZ makes policy, not the VP, Cabinet (including Sec of State). VP is the backup for emergencies.

Seems like your story changes with your mood. How long did we hear about Cheney from your side of the fence?

8 years worth huh ?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

President Clinton's impeachment [ 2 Answers ]

When President Clinton was impeached, why wasn't he removed from office? Now I understand that the Illinois governor is going to be removed from office if he is impeached. What's the deal?

Vice president [ 1 Answers ]

Who was president's ford running mate in the 1976 presidential election?

If Vice-President Resigns? [ 10 Answers ]

I'm feeling unclear about the constitutional scenario... if the Vice President resigns shortly after being elected and sworn in in January, does the new President chose another Vice President? Does the office remain vacant?

Qualifiers for US Vice President? [ 6 Answers ]

Can an ex US President take on a Vice Presidential role?

Roles of the vice president [ 2 Answers ]

:confused: WHAT ARE THE ROLES OF THE VICE PRESIDENT BY THE PRESIDENT?

View more questions Search