Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rackcity Posts: 100, Reputation: 1

Jul 22, 2016, 01:48 PM
    Right side of head numb, will this go away?
    So yesterday I was at the park and was walking under this metal kid playground. I thought I was out from under it but I wasn't, and I stood up quickly and hit the top middle of my head (towards the right) really really hard. Not only did I hit it, I also scraped it with the motion I was going in since I was going forward. Anyways, I had a pretty bad headache yesterday, took a few pain killers, and slept it off. Luckily this morning the top of my head and the numbness associated with it from the day before went away completely. What's worrying me though, is that suddenly the right side of my head a little under my right temple, and right cheek/jaw are very sore and numb feeling. It's almost the sensation you'd get if you have been chewing gum for a very long time and are very sore. It's very annoying and uncomfortable. It's mostly centered under my right temple and over my right jaw that middle part by the ear, but it's really messing with me and I'm hoping it goes away. It's a numbness feeling. It is also bothering me/ making me conscious of how I bite/move my mouth on the right side. Will this go away? Should I wait it out? Not sure what to do. I feel better besides this feeling...not sure what it is or why the pain moved away from where the hit occurred and transferred here...I wish I could explain it a bit better but not sure how...I don't really wanna spend money on a Dr. unless I've really got to go, which made me think I'd wait it off a few days...help?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 22, 2016, 02:31 PM
    I hold my health in high importance... I know what I would have done without thinking. Apparently you don't hold it in nearly as high a regard.

Doesn't matter what else you do have if you don't have your health.

Spend the money, find out...save on something else to put it back in the bank.

Jul 22, 2016, 02:46 PM
    ill schedule an appointment on monday just wanna know if anybody knows what im experiencing
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 22, 2016, 03:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by rackcity View Post
    ill schedule an appointment on monday just wanna know if anybody knows what im experiencing
    Of course we don't know what you are experiencing. A bump on the head is what some of us have had and got over it. A mild concussion. Get a professional opinion rather then asking on the internet what the problem might be.

Jul 22, 2016, 07:49 PM
    Thanks for all your advices. I ended up going. They said might be a mild concussion but to follow up with pcp and gave me a med. Hopefully it'll heal.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

At 8am on 05/12/2013 the left side of my chest would go numb then tingle ever 45 minu [ 3 Answers ]

At 8am on 05/12/2013 the left side of my chest would go numb then tingle ever 45 minutes to an hour all day: I do have to heart valve leaks with a heart mumor 1 pulmonic leak uncontrolled hypertension chronic chest pain since 2006 I was told my heart dr that's its due to ,y mvp/mr . And to day my...

Sometimes a wake up with the left side of tongue numb for a few days, then the right [ 2 Answers ]

Some mornings I wake up and the left side of my tongue is numb for 3 or 4 days.. then its OK for awhile, then I wake up and the right front quarter is numb. Could I be biting it at night or is there another answer?

My mum banged her head and it is numb now she's also cold what do I do [ 1 Answers ]

My mum banged her head on the wall falling over a wire and now the spot on her head has gone numb she is cold.

View more questions Search