Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    water Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 9, 2005, 07:09 PM
    Reaction to water
    I am having a severe reaction to the water in my home.I can't even drink it w/o breaking out.It burns,stings,causes a rash all over my face,neck, chest etc.. It is quit painful.This is causing scars also.nothing seems to relieve it.Does anybody know what in the water could be causing my reaction? ( I was in Ohio for a month-and it cleared up completely) and came right back when I got home.Since financially it isn't an option to move, I have to find help to cope. Thank you..
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Mar 10, 2005, 08:01 AM
    Reaction
    Hi,
    Is this well water? From a pump? Or is it county, city water?
    You really need to look up the phone number for a water testing lab in your area.
    They can take a water sample for you and analyze it. There might be things in the water that should not be there. and can tell you whether a filter can take it out.

In the meantime, drink bottled water. But, PLEASE call a water testing lab. Have your water tested. It's the ONLY way you will know what is causing it, and how to fix the problem.
    Best of luck,
    fredg
    ladyandjan Posts: 191, Reputation: 4

Mar 19, 2005, 09:30 PM
    At Menards (should you have one in your area) they do have a filter you can put on your shower head to elimante a lot of chemicals so at least you can take a shower until you have your water tested. As was suggested would only drink and cook w/bottled water also brush your teeth with it. Good luck and post back when you find out what's in your water and how you resolved the problem.
    leeburke2005 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2005, 03:22 AM
    Reaction to water
    Hi, my skin has a reaction to water. The problem is that it goes red but the weirder thing is that the skin on my face looks like it shrinks. If you wahts wrong please reply. Thank you.
    dimples Posts: 256, Reputation: 9

Oct 17, 2005, 11:30 AM
    One problem would be the pipes. Maybe, the water reacted with the pipes & the water you are using has sediments. Like iron or other metals. Like me for example, my skin would react to anything that has nickel. Do have your water checked to see the underlying problem.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

AIDS - first reaction [ 4 Answers ]

What is the first reaction when somebody finds out they are HIV+? Do they go through any counseling? Do they start taking medicine right away or do they wait until they start having some symptoms? Are the partners (expartners) contacted and notified of the problem they might have?

Balancing a reaction [ 1 Answers ]

I am having trouble balancing this reaction. Any ideas... or can anyone figure it out? :confused: KIO3 + NaHSO3 --> I2 + Na2SO4 + H2SO4 + K2SO4 + H20 I have actually never been taught the half reaction way to balance... but that's awesome, thank you so much!

Allergic reaction [ 2 Answers ]

Our dachsund got his distemper and rabies shot yeasturday. They said he may have a alergic reation and he is getting lumps that are coming and going throughout his head area. His ears are red on the inside too. Please advise, thank you

Rabie Shot reaction? [ 2 Answers ]

I had my two 4 month old doxies in to the vets today for there 2nd kennel cough shot and their first rabie shot. Since we have gotten home both pups are yelping each time we pick them up, and they have been shaking for 2 hours. Is this normal after these shots, or are they having a reaction, I'm...

View more questions Search