Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    maytagissue Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 21, 2016, 03:13 AM
    New maytag top freezer door does not close tightly. Gasket has been replaced.
    New maytag top freezer door does not close tightly, just barely closing. There is some condensation build up and it freezes. The gasket has been replaced, it was suggested to put more weight on the freezer door to make it heavier, maytag suggested to lighten the load on the door, adjustments made to balance. Please advise as my repair person and maytag are out of ideas.
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Jul 21, 2016, 04:35 AM
    Is this a chest type freezer? Does lid have an inner liner?
    WallyHelps Posts: 1,018, Reputation: 136
    Ultra Member

Jul 21, 2016, 04:55 AM
    Since it is new, I'd demand a non-defective unit. It sounds like this one is impossible to repair.

WallyH
    drtom4444 Posts: 3,282, Reputation: 145
    Ultra Member

Jul 22, 2016, 09:47 PM
    Have you tried adjusting the door. It sounds like that is all that is needed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Maytag refrigerator bottom freezer door not closing [ 6 Answers ]

Our MBF2258WEB1 fridge with a slide out freezer drawer is not sealing on the left side. It does not seal unless you push on that side. I do not see a problem with the seal, also I do not see any screws for the door to loosen if it is warped. The unit is level. Do I need a new door?

Maytag plus refrigerator w/freezer on top [ 7 Answers ]

I have a Maytag Plus refrigerator that I'd like to sell but have no idea what to ask for it. It's in great condition & 23.7 cubic feet. Any suggestions?

Maytag refrigerator top freezer fan does not run? [ 1 Answers ]

Refrigerator and freezer are cold but no fan is running

MayTag freezer door opens when refrigerator door is closed [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I'm new here. I have a 9 year old Maytag refrigerator with a freezer on top. Recently whenever I close the refrigerator I notice that the freezer door pops open. I looked at the seals around it but can't see anything wrong. I did notice that I can simply tap on the door and it will...

View more questions Search