Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kissu_027 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 20, 2016, 06:11 AM
    Required torque
    Inside a hollow drum which is filled with 250kg organic waste of density 350kg/m3, 1000mm long shaft diameter is 75 mm , has attached 5 blades at equal distance of length 300mm, is rotating inside a drum. Then how much power will be needed to rotate a shaft within loaded drum?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Jul 20, 2016, 06:41 AM
    You will need to tell us the rotational velocity of the machine. I suggest that you model this as if trying to lift a 250 Kg mass at the end of a 338 mm long arm. The power required to do this is:

P = mgrw

where m = 250 Kg, g = 9.8 m/s^2, R = 0.338 m, and w = rotational speed of the machine, in radians/second. This will give you the power required in watts.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Torque required [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I need to know how much torque is required to rotate a carousel type application from 0 to 5rpm. The total mass of the rotating carousel including the shaft is 1198kg. The PCD is 1.1m. There will be a motor gearbox attached to the shaft via a drive and driven sprocket Much appreciated...

Torque required to rotate 10 lb-ft? [ 1 Answers ]

Assembly has a 20:1 gear reducer and a 36 tooth and 18 tooth sprocket arrangement.

Need help with Calculation of torque required [ 6 Answers ]

Hi to all members, I having problem finding the torque required for the motor to rotate the lever beam clockwise... hoping someone can guide me solve the problem... This is the image I attach... http://img838.imageshack.us/i/31088063.jpg Thanks

View more questions Search