Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    munoz249 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2016, 03:13 PM
    Name change
    I was born in Puerto Rico, As customary 60 years ago My uncle went to the city a month later he was asked to register me,
    Well he registered me under his name and on the month that he we to the city. Now both my parents are dead, when they came to New York they registered me in school with their last name and on my correct day of birth, which I have lived my entire life with this identity. How do I fix this
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jul 19, 2016, 06:20 PM
    Do you have a birth certificate? When your parents immigrated how did they identify you and register you?
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Jul 21, 2016, 04:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ballengerb1 View Post
    Do you have a birth certificate? When your parents immigrated how did they identify you and register you?
    Presumably, if OP does have a BC it corresponds to the information which the uncle registered in PR. I'm assuming that a BC was not required by the New York schools some half a century ago.

OP is not clear what he or she needs to fix, and why: the school records, the birth certificate (if there is one), or what and why?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can the landlord change change a verbal lease on a whim by not allowing use of laundr [ 3 Answers ]

Can a landlord change a verbal lease on a whim (because he said so was his response). We agreed to $100 a week for a room, laundry, kitchen and living room privileges. After 2 months of paying the $100 per, he decided I couldn't have any privileges other than the room and bathroom. Am I allowed to...

I had a 220v and my landlord change it to a 110v and now I need to change it back [ 4 Answers ]

I had a 220 outlet for a a/c unit and my landkord change it to a 110v for smaller unit. Now we want to change it to a 230v 15 amp. For a a/c unit what do I need to do.

Mtd change drive belt model # 13am673g022 how to change [ 0 Answers ]

How to change drive belt for lawn chief model# 13am673g022

What is 'change agent' or 'change maker' or 'change' in Sanskrit? [ 1 Answers ]

What is 'change agent' or 'change maker' or 'change' in Sanskrit?

View more questions Search