Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jfraska Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 18, 2016, 06:23 PM
    Are my boots ruined?
    I used a leather boot conditioner on these and this is what happened. I guess they are the suede/napped leather. What can be done?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 18, 2016, 08:12 PM
    Use it on the rest of the boots to even it out...

I made that mistake once... mink oil on light suede... still have them in fact.
    Jfraska Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 21, 2016, 04:39 PM
    OK so the ENTIRE BOOT right?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 21, 2016, 05:47 PM
    That's what I did... you can pass them off better as its how they should be if the tone is somewhat even.

And they were VERY expensive boots.

You can't un-do it, so if you do the rest it will look a lot more presentable than they do now.

Not a perfect solution...but the best one thats available.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dog boots [ 5 Answers ]

My GSD is almost twelve and has some hip issues. He will wear boots to got outside to keep his pads from freezing. My home is now all carpet except for the kitchen which I have a floor rug to keep him from slipping. I am getting married in May and we just found a house that we will move into in...

Cowboy boots [ 2 Answers ]

Did you hear about the Texas teacher who was helping one of her kindergarten students put on his cowboy boots? He asked for help and she could see why. Even with her pulling and him pushing, the little boots still didn't want to go on. By the time they got the second boot on, she had worked...

New boots [ 5 Answers ]

An elderly couple, Margaret and Bert, are Californians. Bert always wanted a pair of authentic cowboy boots. So seeing some on sale one day, he buys them & wears them home, walking proudly. He walks into the house and says to his wife: 'Notice anything different about me?' Margaret looks him...

The Boots [ 2 Answers ]

An elderly couple, Margaret and Bert, move to Texas . Bert always Wanted a pair of authentic cowboy boots, so, seeing some on sale, he Buys them and wears them home. Walking proudly he goes into the kitchen and says to his wife, "Notice Anything different about me?" Margaret looks him...

View more questions Search