Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lightbulb123 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 18, 2016, 03:01 PM
    Should you be pedantic about the clerical errors you see in a reference book?
    I'm currently studying History in a distance learning school where the primary mode of instruction is through online delivery of academic materials called modules. My concern is that most of these modules contain minor clerical errors, which can be easily spotted and corrected with the help of other references. In one module, for example, the last name of the former U.S. senator Stephen Douglas is spelled with a letter "h". Another module claimed that "Palawan", instead of 'Palanan", was the place where the first Philippine president, Emilio Aguinaldo, was captured. The academic committee responded appropriately when I informed them about these mistakes. But should I continue to report the minor clerical errors I might encounter in the future or should I just correct the errors myself?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 18, 2016, 03:03 PM
    Will the correction become universal for other students? Or just in your module?

Sounds like this distance-learning program needs some improvement before they teach History....

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What are the general errors and complicated errors in PC, and their solutions [ 0 Answers ]

Computer general and complicated errors

Suggested reference book for Commercial & Industrial Law for ICWAI Stage 1 [ 4 Answers ]

I have registered for icwai inter. The book commercial & industrial laws and auditing provided by institution is little bit tough. Can anyone suggest me the another book and also tell me about the scanner if available in the market as per new course.:)

Clerical support [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I came to Canada last year and I would like to know if a get a clerical Support position in any company in a future I can get a job like Financial Analyst. I was working in a Corporation as a Financial Analyst in Cuba for 3 years but so far I haven't gotten a job in this field, so I...

View more questions Search