Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sgoodw222 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 18, 2016, 07:26 AM
    Non mandatory HOA
    is it possible to add a maintenance fee to all residents and include in either the Deed restrictions or bylaws

we have 2 entrances, a common lake lot area with boat ramp and boat dock and beautiful pavilion to maintain. These beautiful common areas keep the home values high however not all residents want to contribute with HOA dues
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 18, 2016, 07:50 AM
    So, right now it is not mandatory, but you want to make it mandatory?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jul 18, 2016, 02:14 PM
    What are the filed HOA rules for making changes? Ours is 2/3 majority. What are the current HOA rules regarding dues? Are they mandatory or non mandatory? In our neighborhood, if you miss more than 1 year p!us 10 days, the HOA turns it over to an attorney. If you still refuse to pay the mandatory, filed rules, a lien is placed on your house.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Jul 18, 2016, 03:16 PM
    Basically, it depends on how the HOA was created. I find it difficult to believe that the common areas and facilities were created without any provision to pay for their maintenance. But mandatory dues provisions should have been provided for in each homeowner's deed. If they were not, all owners would have to agree to such covenants.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can a Florida Special Taxing District dissolve and become a mandatory HOA [ 1 Answers ]

We are a Florida Special Taxing District created by the Legislature. Can we dissolve our district and create a mandatory membership HOA? If so, under what statute? How can a HOA acquire the common areas of the Special District?

My HOA put a judgment against me for $1200 in 07 for past due HOA fees in Newton Coun [ 0 Answers ]

My HOA put a judgment against me for $1200 in 07 for past due HOA fees in Newton County. A continuing garnishment and bank levy for $2958 was filed in Gwinnett county. I am being garnished, but I was never served with summons for garnishment. I am now being told by Gwinnett county court that my...

HOA question for condo complex with no HOA setup [ 6 Answers ]

I own a condo in a 4 unit condo complex. The front 4 units are exactly the same. We have two sets of CC&R's in place. The CC&R's reference an HOA name for each complex but states that it is not active. It states that the homeowners are responsible for their own maintenance on their home and the...

Can a Volunter HOA Be Made Mandatory Without Consent of the Homeowner? [ 7 Answers ]

When I bought my home this neighborhood was under construction and still under the management of the building company so there was no homeowners' association. The "Declaration of Covenants" with the state of Florida and the county under which I bought the home specifically stated: "Section 1....

Can a Non-Mandatory HOA, placing Lien on our home? [ 2 Answers ]

We live in a small 2 block neighborhood, total of like 20 houses. When we signed mortgage papers, it shows that there is a non mandatory HOA. The HOA is telling us that it is mandatory and that we owe for the past two years (we have lived here for about a 1.5 yrs). We have not paid, as we...

View more questions Search