Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Charmed24 Posts: 31, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2016, 03:42 PM
    How do I get tonsil stones out
    I can't use like a qtip because honestly I can't keep my tongue down. Trust me I've tried for hours. Even tried to get my mom and sister to help. I just can't keep my tongue out of the way. Is there anyway to get them out without directly poking it because my throat hurts so bad I can't deal with this any longer
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 16, 2016, 03:47 PM
    You may have ulcerated tonsillitis. (I had that twice a year until I had a tonsillectomy at age 17.) If so, you need an antibiotic, not q-tips. Time to visit a doctor!
    Charmed24 Posts: 31, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2016, 04:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    You may have ulcerated tonsillitis. (I had that twice a year until I had a tonsillectomy at age 17.) If so, you need an antibiotic, not q-tips. Time to visit a doctor!
    Were your symptoms similar to mine? I just woke up from the first night sleeping with this and my throat feels much worse
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 17, 2016, 04:40 AM
    You need to see a doctor because it can get much worse!
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 17, 2016, 07:24 AM
    I wasn't going to chime in here but you just cant go poking around behind your tongue with anything, not even a q tip. What you have hanging on to your tonsils is calcified material, that normally doesn't cause any problems, no more then bad breath and mild discomfort. You say you have had your mother helping you with this ? What are you guys nuts or something thinking that this can be dealt with, with many dirty hands poking around in your mouth with various articles. Come on, think about this.

If you are HAVING THAT MUCH DISCOMFORT don't you know you must have it taken care of by a medical professional ?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 17, 2016, 08:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Charmed24 View Post
    Were your symptoms similar to mine? I just woke up from the first night sleeping with this and my throat feels much worse
    It started with a very sore throat. In a day or two, round white spots appeared on my tonsils. I always had a fever and usually a stuffed-up nose. I could not eat and drink except for warm liquids like chicken broth and tea. It would not go away by itself; I had to drag myself to a doctor (actually, my mother dragged me to one).

Do you have a fever? Any other symptoms?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jul 20, 2016, 06:35 PM
    If it's causing you this much pain, time to see a doctor. While you're there you can ask him to check out the bite on the neck your boyfriend did that is causing you pain and discomfort. Two for one trip.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tonsil stones [ 0 Answers ]

I have tonsil stones and I have one stuck way in the throat like in my neck. It is driving me insane, how can I get that out?

Tonsil stones [ 15 Answers ]

Hi! I have had tonsil stones for a couple years now. They have only within the past year gotten all too fairly common. I have mastered the art of removing them with a q-tip. But I was wondering if anyone could offer a way to PREVENT them from forming. Thanks!

Tonsil Stones [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I just recently started getting tonsil stones, my first one I coughed up, and now they have come back. And they are driving me nuts,:mad: I have had one on my right tonsil for about 3 days now, I have tried everything to get rid of it and nothing. I have done alotta research to figure this...

Tonsil stones [ 1 Answers ]

How do I get rid of tonsil stones

Tonsil stones [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I was just wondering I've had tonsil stones for a long time... I can't see them but I feel them in my throat and its nasty they some times come up... Anyhoo what I want to no is that if I get my tonsil removed will it change the tone of my voice because my voice is how I make a living I'm...

View more questions Search