Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    missanxietysffr Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 13, 2016, 03:45 PM
    Dumb, worried, used apple cider vinegar.. now have burns or herpes?
    I had a skin tag or something on my groin. I self diagnosed, went on the internet, dissolved it carelessly by applying straight Apple Cider Vinegar on it with a cotton ball for twenty minutes, three times a day, for three days.

By over examining my lady parts I found a "freckle"(as I later discovered at the doctors) and ran crying to the doctors. That was dismissed, no signs of any other bad things.

But the doctor saw my chemical burn and swabbed it for herpes. Even though I insisted my over use of vinegar.

Prior to this I've never EVER had a sore anywhere near my groin/private area.

I know I'm being dumb... sigh. I don't know what to think. Why would a doctor swab a burn if he knew it was a burn?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 13, 2016, 04:02 PM
    Why? People lie... People convince themselves its something else just like they convince themselves they are qualified to self diagnose. (Doctors even go to other doctors).

Maybe you learned something from this about self diagnosing. So something good will come from it. Some lessons we all have to learn the hard way. (Trust me, I've had my share)
    missanxietysffr Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 13, 2016, 04:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    Why? People lie... People convince themselves its something else just like they convince themselves they are qualified to self diagnose. (Doctors even go to other doctors).

Maybe you learned something from this about self diagnosing. So something good will come from it. Some lessons we all have to learn the hard way. (Trust me, I've had my share)

Smoothy, that was a great answer and I very truly appreciate it. When I'm in a panic I can't see rationally. Definitely never self diagnosing again. I've been miserable... and now this strange situation of questioning something I've never questioned before about my own body. I feel I'm going through it, just to learn that self diagnosing never pays off. I have learned my lesson. Thank you so much.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jul 13, 2016, 04:56 PM
    Vinegar shouldn't burn your skin. Since you don't know what the growth was, of course your doctor might swab it.

I am covered with every imaginable mole and skin tag.

Instead of self diagnosing, study and be educated about your body and about health. Then someday you can do a little self diagnosing.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 13, 2016, 05:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by missanxietysffr View Post
    Smoothy, that was a great answer and I very truly appreciate it. When I'm in a panic I can't see rationally. Definitely never self diagnosing again. I've been miserable... and now this strange situation of questioning something I've never questioned before about my own body. I feel I'm going through it, just to learn that self diagnosing never pays off. I have learned my lesson. Thank you so much.
    You are welcome, just don't go the opposite extreme... and ignore everything. That's bad too. But if you find something really unusual, like a mole that changes shape and grows, etc... see a professional. Let them determine if its something to worry about or not.

Somewhere in the middle of both extremes is a healthy amount of being alert and self aware.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 13, 2016, 05:38 PM
    I used internet to self exam, and I was pregnant. Of course I am a 60 year old man, and find that less than possible.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Apple cider vinegar [ 11 Answers ]

I have heard that apple cider vinegar is an effective skin lightening agent. It is applied twice a day by dabbing it on the skin and leaving it on at night. Has anyone used this treatment before and if so how long will it take to see significant results of skin lightening? I used to be quite fair,...

Apple cider vinegar [ 11 Answers ]

Does anyone know if apple cider vinegar helps with sinus infections and if so how do you take it

ACV- apple cider vinegar [ 6 Answers ]

On the 13th of this month I began drinking acv to drop a few inches for an upcoming wedding in June.. but I also notice I have an increase in cm and libido for the past few days. Is this supposed to happen too? ;) I do know it has worked for my yeast infection! Can it really work this way or is it...

Where can I get apple cider vinegar in nagpur [ 1 Answers ]

Where can I get apple cider vinegar in nagpur

Apple cider vinegar [ 1 Answers ]

Can I use Apple cider vinegar to treat dandruf in my chemically treated hair?

View more questions Search