Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mockofish777 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2016, 08:50 AM
    Mercury Outboard Engines
    Have 25 hp ES 2 stroke Outboard Engine, Belgian Made, 2004
    It has blown.
    Have seen a 20 hp similar outboard engine 2000, I am told that this engine is identical to mine
    Save a bigger Carburetor which makes it 25 hp.

Question would carburettor and electrics from 25 hp upgrade the 20 hp ?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jul 12, 2016, 02:14 PM
    It is doubtful. Horsepower is achieve by more then just a few parts on the outside. It may help the smaller engine or it may overwhelm it.
    kelmark2590 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 31, 2016, 09:23 AM
    The best way to check this is to go to a Mercury parts diagram. Look up both engines by the serial number. You can find the diagrams here Parts Diagrams Application Charts Yamaha Mercury Johnson Evinrude Mercruiser Seadoo - PartsPak.com
    Compare both sets of engine parts and then decide if the majority of the parts (ie engine block, etc) are the same.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to align shift lever on mercury 7.5 outboard motor [ 0 Answers ]

Replaced impeller on bottom foot and reinstalled it. The propellar is in gear all the time now. Doesn't shift out at all. Have something wrong what is it?

Mercury 50hp 2-stroke outboard is overheating [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 2000 Mercury 50horsepower 2-stroke outboard engine. I have replaced the thermostat and water pump. The engine quickly overheats. Some water does come out the outlet tube, but not as much as used to when it was new. I need to know what else to check to diagnose this problem. Any suggestions...

How do you set the timing on a 40 hp Mercury outboard [ 3 Answers ]

While driving the boat to the launch, it started, ran fine until almost there. Then the overheat alarm went off and the engine quit. There was water coming out of the port so I think the water pump is OK. It won't crank over until it' cooled down. Now it cranks over but won't start. Checked...

Mercury outboard 4 stoke [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2001 Mercury 115 4 stroke fuel injected outboard that won't fire. Checked spark plugs - getting spark. Checked fuel lines, no leaking, bulb is hard. Spayed ether and engine fires but cuts off. Checked fuel to fuel pump and check all fuses. Boat ran great 2 weeks ago and I started in my...

View more questions Search