Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fiati adolph Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 11, 2016, 06:29 PM
    Universe
    Why is the sun releasing more radiation,which causes global warming now than before?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Jul 12, 2016, 05:48 AM
    Global warming is not due to increased energy output of the sun. It is well known that the power output of the sun fluctuates somewhat over long time scales - it's generally believed that reduced output has been responsible for the periodic ice ages that the earth experiences. There is also some regular fluctuation that occurs over an 11-year cycle corresponding with sun spot activity. However, if that fluctuation was responsible for global warming we would see global temperatures rising and falling on an 11-year cycle, but we don't. So in summary global warming is not due to changing power output of the sun.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jul 12, 2016, 09:03 AM
    In a few billion years, the sun will have used up it's hydrogen and become a red giant. You will then have real "global warming". Life will be long gone as the inner planets, Mercury and Venus, will have vaporized and Earth will be uninhabitable. Stick around!!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is the name of the universe we're in? [ 18 Answers ]

Has scientist given a name to the universe we're in? I've heard of something called Epsilon and Delta? Is that right? Delta?

Across The Universe [ 6 Answers ]

Does anyone know the name to the song that he starts singing at the very biggening "is there anyone going to listen to my story, or about the girl who came to stay?" Here's the link to the trailer MySpaceTV: Across The Universe Trailer by Nugeman :) Thank you soooo much

Across the universe [ 5 Answers ]

Across The Universe - Official Site " Came out Yesterday in theaters i believe. OKAY. This movie was AMAZING. I fell in love with it. If it was a person I'd marry it. Yea, I guess you can say its a 2 hour music video but its just igjiogkhsdkj i love it!

The Universe [ 3 Answers ]

Is the Universe symmetrical? I know it's contantly expanding, but are all sides expanding at the same rate?

View more questions Search