moioerk65 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2016, 04:50 PM
    Is there a relay in the starter wireing on a 92 achieva sl 3.3
    Iis there a relay in the starter wiring on a 92 Achieva sl 3.3
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jul 9, 2016, 06:31 AM
    Based on my research, no.

. Test all under hood and under dash fuses with a test light or multi-meter.

. Perform an ignition bypass test, where you connect a 12AWG wire, or remote starter switch, from the positive battery cable to the "S" terminal on the starter motor solenoid. If the starter motor cranks, the problem is with the ignition switch, neutral safety switch, or wiring. If the starter motor doesn't crank, replace the starter motor.
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Jul 9, 2016, 07:50 AM
    Check your Vehicle Identification Number with a local GM dealership.
    Some of these cars are subject to a safety recall for starting system wiring issues.
    Also, depending on what your particular symptoms are, you may have corrosion or leakage at the battery post(s). Inspect the battery sidepost terminals for wet traces or corrosion. If it is leaking or corroded, replace the battery or have someone do that for you. Wear rubber gloves so you don't get battery acid on hands.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can 96 ACHIEVA lock cylinder be used in a 97 achieva ? [ 0 Answers ]

They have different plugs but the wiring diagrams look the same! How do I reprogram or can I?

Kenmore starter relay switch? [ 0 Answers ]

I have a kenmore fridge and when I hooked it up for a friend it froze a glass of ice in a couple hours then heard a click and it didn't freeze anymore. It works on and off with a buzz and the clicking noise.. any ideas?

Starter relay switch for a Kenmore Refrigerator [ 1 Answers ]

I nned a two dimensional wiring diagram for a Kenmore Refrigerator, specifically for part # 218721103. I want to make sure I wire it correctly so that I do not blow the motor. There are two wires ( blue and red) that I don't know exactly how to plug back in the starter relay switch. Thank you for...

Starter cut relay for honda civic [ 1 Answers ]

I just want to know, where can I find the starter cut relay on my 97 honda civic?

Where is the starter relay on a 94 integra [ 1 Answers ]

Where is the starter relay on a 94 integra

View more questions Search