Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ChrisLW47130 Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

Jul 7, 2016, 11:47 PM
    Looking for a good telescope...
    I'm 52 and I've recently come to realize that I have NEVER looked up at the night sky through a telescope to see the wonders around us. Can anyone recommend a decent telescope that will allow a decent field of vision and not break my wallet? Thanks, in advance, for any answers or opinions!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 8, 2016, 03:59 AM
    What price range, if you make 400,000 a year or 30,000 a year ?

Jul 8, 2016, 07:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    What price range, if you make 400,000 a year or 30,000 a year ?
    Actually looking to keep it at under $500.00 if I can find one that's truly decent for that kind of a price.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 8, 2016, 07:32 PM
    Chasing the Best Telescope Under $500 - AmazingTelescopes

Best Telescopes for the Money - 2016 Reviews and Guide

You may also check your area for a club or association that meets and may have larger equipment that belongs to the club.

Jul 9, 2016, 08:55 PM
    Thanks for the links, Fr. I'm also going to do a little research and see if there are any stargazing clubs in the area I can hook up with.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is the best telescope? [ 9 Answers ]

I am thinking of buying the Orion SpaceProbe 130ST EQ Telescope. I was just wondering if anyone out there could let me know what the best telescope is to get. I am also considering price here, too, so I need something between one-five hundred dollars... Anyone with information, please let...

The first telescope [ 2 Answers ]

My son is 6 years old. He loves astronomy so much. What is the most suitable telescopes for him? Is it 30mm, 50mm, orbigger one?

Buying a telescope [ 3 Answers ]

Is there anyone out there that gaze at the stars? I’m looking into buying a telescope so I can start a new hobby. So what I want to know is what is one of the best and inexpensive telescopes on the market?

Good ways to get scratches off a telescope lens [ 5 Answers ]

My dog ran into my telescope and knocked it over "hes a pitbull" can anyone tell me of a good way to get scratches off my telescope?

Kind of telescope [ 5 Answers ]

What kind of telescope to purchase for my family to observe our solar system. Any help is greatly appreciated.

View more questions Search